Strange Bleeding problem

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Juggernaught, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

Hey guys,

Im having some strange graphical bleeding problems.
    When I start up there is no bleeding at all and even during the windows load sequence there are none.
    However when Win7 has loaded I get graphical bleeding.

I currently use two monitors and it only shows up on the primary monitor, I have however tried to connect the monitor to another comp, and there is no bleeding there, so it aint the monitor.

Im just guessing now, but can It be a ventialtion problem? Maybee some new fans could sort the problem out?

Any thoughts or ideas would be extremly helpful, I will add photos of the problem tonight.
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Man I saw this title and was straight on to say go see a Doctor.. as for the rest wait for a nerd, one will come along soon.
  3. Offline

Oh I was kinda expecting
    "Is it that time of the month" comment from you.

Thanks for being nice for once Katie ;)
  4. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Anybody that knows you would realise that its always the time of the month for you :p

Anyway, I wouldn't imagine it to be a issue with ventilation, if it was it wouldn't change from loading to once your in windows so rapidly. To test to see if it overheats get something like speedfan, should give you a good indication of how hot your PC is, post results.

1) Try your second monitor in the primary slot (could be an issue with the gfx dvi/vga port)
    2) If you have a second PC try the gfx from that in your main PC (if it fits & if second monitor has same issue)
    3) Clean PCI slot (compressed air or blow hard without saliva!)
  5. Offline

Thanks or the tips Div.. Will try tonight
  6. Offline

nps mate let me know
  7. Online

Acina Admin Officer

I also had a bleeding issue with one of my monitors, after trying everything in the book to work out what the hell was going on, I changed the cable and it fixed it [IMG]

So try it with a different cable and make sure everything is done up properly (connection wise)!
  8. Offline

Assumed he moved cable with the monitor to another PC, but Acina is right if you didn't :eek:

That would be rather daft, although muscle head's like you aren't known for brains! (runs for the hills)
  9. Offline

ehhh.... Well.... I.....kinda..... used.....the.....same.....cable.....

Its not my fault tbh.
    I just fall into the massive well trained muscle guy with no brains category.

Although I can shine sometimes and actually put together coherent sentences.
  10. Offline

You mean you took the cable from the faulty machine to the other machine along with the monitor? that's fine, that proves its not the cable
  11. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I had a strange bleeding problem once, but uh.. anyway

It's probably overheating or a failing graphics card.
  12. Online

Acina Admin Officer

Not really!

If cable A is shagged and you use it with machine A and monitor A it will still be shagged if you use it with machine B and monitor B :p

Pixel bleed is generally caused by a faulty connection, either in the cable or at the machine/monitor connectors (this is especially true when going from VGA to DVI - with an adaptor)!!

My advice still stands, check you cables connection, if in doubt use a different one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  13. Offline

He used the same cable on another PC, with the same monitor he's having issues with and had no problem

It could be a VGA to DVI adapter but he didn't mention having one, and if it was a problem with either end of the cable it would still effect the second PC. The only other thing it could be (cable wise) is the connection between the cable (or adapter) and the Port 1(of2) on his GFX card, if so see my point 1 and try it in the second port.
  14. Offline

It actually was the VGA adapter fucking up. I changed to a brand new DVI cable and works like a charm now.
  15. Offline

Youz needs to give more info in posts! dumb muscle head!

glad you got it sorted
  16. Offline

True dat Div...
  17. Offline

Tal The Architect

If you posted a picture, I would have told you straight away! Had this problem at work on my machine a few weeks ago... whoever I swapped the adapter with hasn't noticed yet I don't think! :D
  18. Offline

Made me chuckle, proper IT that is!