Steve Jobs RIP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angelo, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Angelo Community Member

2. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

Yeah I heard about this about a half hour ago, I was watching a stream and someone in chat said he died. Everyone was like no way, we then all started linking news sites to confirm it. Very shocking death.
  3. Offline

Tal The Architect

I think we all secretly knew something was the matter when he stepped down. A real shame he passed away from his illness.

No matter what your stance on Apple is, you can't deny his advancement and innovation that helped shape technology and the internet today. He will definitely be missed.

RIP Steve.
  4. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I was playing DotA2. We had a silent minute of no-ganks for him.
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Yep only just saw the news, think he died at the prime time of Apple.
  6. Offline

katmai Veteran BOON

The guy knew how to be creative and how to make money. Even though i am not a big fan of apple products ... gotta give the man credit for doing what he did. The world indeed lost a great mind.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using Forum Runner
  7. Offline

Saul Community Member

He was ill for a long time, had pancriatic Cancer since 2007, still sad to see him go. I think Obama mentioned that it is a testament to Steve Jobs that nearly half of the civilised world would read the news of his passing on one of his own inventions.

Great innovator, and a man who changed Mobile phones and Desktop Computing forever.
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Just bad
  9. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I just read this news :(

RIP Steve
  10. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

11. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

didnt like him but dying from cancer sucks :/ poor bastard, rest in peace
  12. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Why didn't you like him, Balmung ?
    Did you dislike him? (thumbs down) Or you didn't like or dislike ? (thumbs not up or down, neutral)
    just curious...
  13. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

lets not start any discussions, someone will just think its inappropiate and delete it all. surely we dont want that for a RIP thread.
  14. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

I'm not looking for a discussion, i'm just curious to know...

For example, i know i don't like Steve Balmer from Microsoft since he looks retarded when he speaks and lacks the classy posture that Steve Jobs had (in my opinion)
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

This isn't really the place for this discussion guys, c'mon.
  16. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Steve Balmer also has a couple of screws loose.
  17. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

You're right.

Steve Jobs wasn't some1 that i loved or hated, it was some1 that i admired for his professional ingenuity. He may not have invented world changing stuff all by himself, but he sure did his job like no one (CEO) and will forever mark Tech companies history at that. Even now we see lots of other people (if anyone watched amazon kindle fire presentation, you know what i'm talking about) follow in his footsteps. And of course, like Steve Wozniak said in an interview yesterday and many apple folk say, he was indeed a genius and i really admire him. I wish i could one day accomplish a tiny fraction of what he did.

Sadly he died in one of the most horrible ways. By the way, one of my grandmothers died with the exact same type of cancer aswell. It's a really bad way to go. Steve himself pointed out in some late interviews that he knew his end was close, that he knew he was going to die soon. I can't imagine what it's like to feel that way... All i can say is that Steve, like him or not, left his footprint in the world as we know it. I don't believe in afterlife or god, so saying rest in piece sound a bit meaningless to me, so i'll say this instead: We should all be happy that our race (human) spawned a being like Steve, and even more that it happened during our lifetime, let's hope that nature smiles upon us many more times so we can keep on evolving into a brighter, better future.
  18. Offline

Kammie Community Member

19. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

yeah R.I.P read it at work yesterday ... can't get on here stupid EDF blocking the site from my work login -.-