Steam Hacked

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tal, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Tal The Architect

From PC Gamer
    Luckily I haven't saved my Credit Card info on Steam... but obviously I have games on there and would be annoyed if my account was compromised.
  2. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

lol, hive mind :s
  3. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

Just found a link to the same article on facebook.

Glad I pay for everything by Paypal really
  4. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

If you didnt already, go active steamguard into your account settings. Its annoying but it helps in these situations.
  5. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Glad I use prepaid cards for any purchase :p
  6. Offline

Felby Community Member

using steamguard and its highly unlikely that they obtained any credit card info - using an authenticator for my account anyway and a different password for everything so I dont even care the slightest
  7. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Wonder how much is compromised. I hope that after all these incidents people will start to learn the value of securing your server. Though I never expected that many flaws with Steam. If the only data is related to the forums I'm not that surprised and/or worried though.
  8. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Using steamguard or whatever, authenticator is meaningless if they can decrypt the credit card info stored . The only really safe route to go is cancel the credit card you gave to steam.
  9. Offline

Felby Community Member

its crypted with AES256, good luck decrypting that this lifetime
  10. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I lol'd.

Don't do this.
  11. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

ppl said the same about md5... everything is safe until it's not.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Exactly, I am not too fussed. I changed my password and thats all. Even if somehow they do get the details of my card decrypted, I have fraud protect on my card so I get all the money back anyway.
  13. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

This is why Steam, Origin and all these third party fucks need to get the fuck off and leave us alone, buy game of game website, download form game website and play. there job done simple and easy but no they insist on third party bollox ..I..
  14. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Funny thing is, the games i have on my account are way more worth in money than what i usually have on my rechargeable card, lol.