Starcraft: MLG Columbus

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

MLG Columbus is this weekend for anyone who doesn't read Teamliquid.net.

Before anyone says "lol MLG" or "MLG is fail, look at MLG Dallas", then you really need to look at the changes made before this event. Primarily they have invested in better booths which should cut down on players hearing commentators or the crowd giving away vital information (See IdrA interview at MLG Dallas). Also they have apparently got better streaming in place for Columbus which is needed as Dallas was a joke. Finally they have additional casters and multiple streams, so that means more games being cast and more VODs.

Also, they have Koreans attending this year which is going to be hilarious purely because of who they have attending.....

Originally it was Bomber, Losira and MMA. Unfortunately Bomber didn't get his passport in order in time so will miss the event, but this has allowed for quite possibly one of the best match ups of the tournament. Replacing Bomber will not be open bracket player, oh no, replacing Bomber is MC. This means that IdrA will have to play MC for the opening game of the tournament..... anyone else giggling right now ? Additionally to this July is in the open bracket meaning there are 4 Code S level Koreans at Columbus.

With the new MLG GSL partnership, I am assuming that Columbus will have the "winnder goes to Code S in GSL" rule applied. If so, this could mean MMA goes back up to Code S if he wins Columbus!!

Either way this is going to be an epic event so make sure you catch the streams!!!

EDIT: If any of you are watching the livestream this weekend and posting in this thread with all the "zomg" moments. Remember to use spoiler tags as some people may miss some of the sets.
  2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
  3. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

That group is disgustingly topped, fucking poor behaviour tbh.
  4. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Not mentioning Artosis and Tasteless that will be casting.
  5. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

"Imagine you're IdrA. You are playing Startale's Bomber in the first broadcast match of MLG, on stage, in front of a huge crowd. You're practicing hard for this match and you're going to show your best stuff. Bomber is really skilled, but you're confident in your ZvT and ZvZ. You just hate Protoss because they are imbalanced. But a day or so before the match, you find out Bomber missed his flight. That's not so bad, it'll be a walkover or someone from the Open Bracket, both options way better than playing against Bomber.
    Then the day of the tournament you walk into the venue and sit down to play some warmups in the booth. You look over and there's already someone in the other booth. He looks Korean. Dde? SeleCT? Who is it? You walk out of your booth and over to the other one. You open the door. "Hello?"
    The chair slowly turns around. You see his face, but it can't be. He's not supposed to be here. Not him. Not a Protoss. Not THAT Protoss.
    MC says, "Hi Greg, long time no see."
    You back slowly out of the booth.
    But you can't. It's already forcefielded."
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea when I read that on teamliquid.net I was actually rofling. Seriously good write up they have for MLG Columbus on their site. I'm seriously hyped for IdrA vs MC.
  7. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Todays MLG Columbus Day 1 Schedule:

• 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Pools B & C
    • IdrA vs. MC - Main Stage Stream
    • KiWiKaKi vs. MMA
    • mOoNan vs. SjoW
    • SeleCT vs. Tyler
    • 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM Open Winners Round 1
    • 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Pools A & D
    • NaNiwa vs. Moon - Main Stage Stream
    • SLush vs. Gret0rp
    • TLO vs. Losira
    • iNcontroL vs. HayprO
    • 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM Pools B & C
    • Ret vs. MC - Main Stage Stream
    • KiWiKaKi vs. Sheth
    • mOoNan vs. MMA
    • SeleCT vs. IdrA
    • 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM Pools A & D
    • iNcontroL vs. Losira - Main Stage Stream
    • HayprO vs. Machine
    • SLush vs. drewbie
    • Gretorp vs. Moon
    • 9:30 PM - 10:30 PM Pool Play Main Stage Match
    • mOoNan vs. Sheth
    • SjoW vs. MMA
    • IdrA vs. LiquidRet - Feature Station Stream
    • Tyler vs. MC
    • 9:30 PM - 11:30 PM Open Winners Round 2
    • 10:30 PM - 11:30 PM Pool Play Main Stage Match
    • HayprO vs. Losira - Main Stage Stream
    • TLO vs. Machine
    • drewbie vs. Moon
    • NaNiwa vs. Gretorp
    • 11:30 PM - 12:30 AM Last Pool Play Matches
    • iNcontroL vs. Machine - Main Stage Stream
    • NaNiwa vs. SLush
    • SeleCT vs. Ret - E Stream
    • SjoW vs. Sheth
    • 11:30 PM - 12:30 AM Open Winners Round 3
    • 12:30 AM - 1:30 AM Open Winners Round 4
    Bolded the epic games :p
  8. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

When does it start in European time? I have laundry hour today D:
  9. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Like 10-11 tonight.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Might be 11-12 ur time maskerad but I would boot the stream up at 10 and wait. Opening match is one you don't want to miss.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  11. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Fuck you, I already wept about it, yeah? :p
  12. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

www.teamliquid.net are your friend to find streams and schedules for when things start :p

As for the time it starts in Sweden 23:30
  13. Offline

Shantotto Guest

14. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

IdrA fiiiightiiiiingggggg!
    :3
  15. Offline

Undeadmonkey Veteran BOON

That IDRA VS MC match was awsome XD
  16. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

SO gosu defense there. Holy shit.

(In your face, Aspira. In your face.
    :DDDD)
  17. Offline

Undeadmonkey Veteran BOON

'i will just defend with no units'
    Ace XD
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Second game between Idra and MC was the better of the two as the first had a few mistakes from both sides.

I had both streams up (one each monitor) and the MMA vs Kiwikaki matches were really great to watch too. Pretty much AFK from the streams till the next Idra/MC/MMA games. Might watch Losiras games too I guess.
  19. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

[IMG]

I can't multitask if it hit me in the face so only red stream, saving blue stream for later though.
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Well I wont say how the matches on blue go down, and if I do I will /spoiler them, but the first match up was a great watch from both streams, just hope the rest can live up to the standard set by the opening games.