Stacking swiftness/might

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Tumbleweed, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

There was a short-lived initiative some time ago to up our game and use some combos in the process, I think it's beginning to slide under the carpet so I wanna reiterate one aspect of it that I think eles can do very easily if just making a habit out of it:
    When we're sitting in a supply camp waiting for the cap progress bar to fill up all stacked up in a spot or grouping up somewhere, can staff eles please drop the lightning field while s/d and d/d ele spam blast finishers on it? This would really help even out the raid's movement speed if we manage to stack enough swiftness on everyone.
    When we're gathering up inside a keep by the little <insert-color-here> door getting ready to run out and nuke, we should be doing the same with a fire combo field instead. 25 stacks of might is 850 power and conditiondamage, which makes a HUGE difference if everyone has it.

Once eles can do this as a habit, we can start calling it for other people with blast finisher spamability (thieves), to help stack more.
  2. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

Problem is all ele's running daggers atm so no air fields :p another thing ive been thinking is all eles sounds just constantly cycle thru you're attunements whiles we are traveling/at supply camps as its easymode buff giving. Ive also noticed boon duration stat includes the boons you give out

Also, drop your water elemental elite as it gives out healing
  3. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

Err..I have a staff in my bag, I doubleclick it, swap to air, drop the field, re-equip daggers while swapping to earth -> 2 blasts on the combo field, all done by one ele. I know at least Swifterc runs staff constantly so there shouldn't be a lack of air fields. Either way, if there's no air field and ur too lazy to swap weps, just drop a fire one instead and stack might <3
    Good point about the water thingy, is the air elemental stun worth anything?
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Same, Always have a staff and a focus ready.

As for the elementals, I've not tested them properly, and It would be interesting to see the DPS, HPS, StunPS, and HP of each.
    I've used air ele quite a lot against Theives and they stun quite frequently and don't get focused (due to the small size and etc. I think) The Water ele seems to be quite squishy and it seems to prefer to DPS than heal which gets it killed. Fire ele does nice AoE but dies in seconds and the Earth ele is a tank! I love popping it when escaping as it gives great LoS on my Asura and takes a thumping to kill.

But for group support I need to test air vs water a lot more.

Also they are supposed to cast AoE boons, like Might, Swiftness, Regen and Protection, but it doesn't seem to work out of combat, which ruins the air ele's boon Imho :(