Space Hulk: Deathwing

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

The floodgates have opened, and Warhammer licences are swarming through the industry like Tyranids. We’ve already breached one Space Hulk, but now another has been sighted on the long-range scanners. Space Hulk: Deathwing has just just been announced; turning the tactical board game experience into an Unreal Engine 4-based first-person shooter from the makers of the bizarre and impenetrable E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. Weird, right? Maybe the announcement teaser vid can clarify a few things.

http://spacehulk-deathwing.com/

2. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

they did it again :eek:
  3. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Is the world trolling me or just games workshop?
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

so... Gamesworkshop whent from being super picky with their IP to letting any clown company make a WH40k game? Not sure i like this..
  5. Offline

Law Community Member

Pritty much, it is sad to see a great thing like 40k be thrown around like this.

I am only interested in the MMO, Gamesworkshop should be investing into that only imo :p
  6. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

7. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

monies brew...its all about the monies..
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I for one think this game will be bad. But I am curious about it.
  9. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Name a single 40K game in recent years that hasn't been shit :)
  10. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Dawn of War series and Space Marine to name a few, shall I go on? :p
  11. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Dawn of War (concept) is hardly recent, it was released 10 years ago. Space Marine was mediocre at best, I bet folk here could name far more flops than they can successes.
  12. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

There are no less than 8 new 40k Games slated for release in the next year and a half. 5 are set to be mobile games and 2 are next-gen console titles, I love the IP but seriously hate Games Workshop for what they have down with it over the years.
  13. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Dawn of War II was released 2009, and the two expansions subsequent years after that. Space Marines was an awesome fps as far as the campaign went, but the multiplayer was imo a bit underwhelming, granted I didn't play it enough to give you a fair review based upon my own experiences, since I know I rarely agree with the norm or grey mass.
  14. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I've been trying to keep track of this as well! :)

- Space Wolf
    - Deathwing
    - Eternal Crusade
    - Tvar's Secret project
    - I know I had a few more on my own list, which ones were you thinking of?

Yes, agree about the IP. You would think GW would be more careful with that... :confused: Maybe they'll be bold enough to let me ---
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Dawn of War 2 has very little replay value compared to the first game, the removal of base building was a stupendous mistake and the multiplayer was lack luster and far too simple (read: dumbed down), I could go one but I am afraid I might bust a blood vessel!

Don't get me started on Space Marine :p

I am looking forward to playing the first Space Hulk FPS since 1993, but I don't expect great things tbh :(
  16. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Warhammer 40k:
    • SpaceWolf (CCG)
    • Armageddon (RTS)
    • Carnage (mobile shooter)
    • Storm of Vengeance (MOBA)
    • Regicide (mobile strategy - chess)
    • Eternal Crusade (MMORPG)
    Space Hulk: Deathwing (this thread :p) and there are rumours of an Eisenhorn/Xenos game.
  17. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I played Dawn of War 2 for a long while like any RTS, loved it, and thought it was refreshing with an RTS more focused on the actual strategy and combat tactics than structure building order.

But you have to agree the single player campaign in Space Marine was amazing.
  18. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Don't tend to play FPS games for the campaigns, it was cool but not earth shattering.
  19. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I liked that campaign better than Halflife & Opposing Forces, mother of all single player FPS campaigns. Thunder Hammer & Jump pack, much geekgasm.

Gonna keep my eyes out for Armageddon, have a faint memory of having checked out that moba but forgot about it since then.
  20. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Just noticed this bit, what would you come up with if they said yes?