South Korea bans RMAH, botting and item sales

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aspira, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

So I was browsing TeamLiquid forums this evening and I saw this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=345366

For those to lazy to click and go read it, basically it is now illegal to have real money auction houses in video games, illegal to do any type of botting and illegal to sell items/gold for real money. The penalty for doing so is up to 5 years in prison.

I think this is pretty awesome and can only hope that European governments take note as having this like gold selling completely banned and illegal would be amazing. Highly doubt a law like this will ever come to Europe though, I would imagine the European governments will be more interested in saving collapsing economies that worrying about someone buying gold in an online game. However, you can hope that one day we might get an awesome law like this.
  2. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

At least no south korean gold farmers on our servers anymore? :p
  3. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Guess blizzard is sadcuzmad about this

serves them right. The RMAH was the shittiest thing ever now that i have experienced it. All the good items dissapered, gold became useless and the 1% (read rich kids) are now buying items for 250 euro a pice. It's retarded
  4. Offline

Karasu Community Member

I thought they'd go with an exchange so that you can buy gold for real money.. that would "solve" the issue of gold becoming worthless. Either way I'm glad they're having so many issues with it, at least everyone can learn from this mess. I just want to buy a game and actually own everything without being pressured into spending more money.