So yeah this rift game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mantle, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

Any longevity you reckon? Disabled my wow account a couple of months ago and needs something to do. Just upgraded my rig to play some modern games so looks interesting.
  2. Offline

Wonsie Veteran BOON

I would say it would be able to keep you busy for a couple of months.

Dungeons are really fun and challangeing. Feels like raiding but 5man :D
  3. Offline

adagio Moderator

i will say this about the game. if you have played WoW for a long time it will feel like you are still playing wow but in higher res. the developers know if they steal just 1% of the wow crowd it will self sustain itself. Rift launched at the perfect time, wow players are becoming bored of the game as blizzard churns out old content and rift fills that hole.

As for longtivity thats the old chestnut off can you get to lvl 50 to see the content as WoW players will struggle with lvling again.
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I'll be honest, it has the worst levelling experience since aion. Quests are horribly boring and the dungeons are too few and too similar. Only the rifts break it up.

As for end game, I only hit 50 yesterday but already I'm nit sure I can be arsed.

PvE in this game is meh, PvP is worse (balance is all over the shop)

I'll keep playing occasionally but I think imma set up a minecraft server with some mods... Think that will be more entertaining. (I'll make a post later about this possibility)

If you have some cash and need something to keep you going for a few weeks get Rift. If you want a game to replace WoW as a long term game, I don't think it's for you.
    My 2p
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I vote this should happen.
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I'll post all the mod ideas but 1 I really like is called towny and it allows people to claim a plot of land in a town for them to build on, then admins can declare war on opposing towns and you can go trash the shit out of them for extra money to buy more land :D PvP in minecraft!!!
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Haha PvP in minecraft, lolz.
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

After looking up server hosts..... yeah don't think I'm going to be able to afford a server.

it's ok if we only wanted a tiny server of 8 people... but we'd realistically hope to get 20+ and then it's like £20 a month.
    nvm, was a good though
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

£20 a month, lol.

One of us must have an old PC lying about they can install it on as I doubt it uses much resources.
  10. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/

Also a minecraft server is actually quite demanding for something like a 20 player server you want about 3gb ram and 7Mbits/sec upload speed.

I got a computer that I'm not using with those specs sadly my upload speed is just good enough for about 2 players :(
  11. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

Hmm I have an 100/100 mb line but my old comp im not using only has 2GB of ram. Think its enough?
  12. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

accordingly to the nerien site you can host to up to 15 ppl :)
  13. Offline

Wonsie Veteran BOON

If you got 50 yesterday you havent even played the Expert Dungones, it is then it starts to get fun and challanging. It feels like raiding but with 5 man, trust me. It is challanging and cant say everything is copied for wow. But it is a good mix of really hard bosses. It is not a walk in the park the dugeons it is not like you can rush through em all.

PvE is more then fun, WAY WAY WAY better then wow dungeons in WoLK. These dungoens you will never be able to do with randoms. Just no way.
  14. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Thanks guys, if Trion fix a lot of stuff I may rethink all of this. But as the game stands now, I just can't enjoy it.

From what I've seen the T2 expert dungeons and stuff look really great, but PvE is not for me :(
  15. Offline

Akemi Veteran BOON

16. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

play magicka with me!
  17. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

where's the teamspeak/vent details ??
  18. Offline

Tal The Architect

Here ya go:

Teamspeak Server
    Download the latest version of Teamspeak 3 client from: www.teamspeak.com
    (keep it updated with the autoupdater!!)

IP: booncontrol.com
    Port: 9988
    Password: hotd0gs