Siege weaponry ?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Aspira, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Again total speculation based upon some artwork, and this time I don't have any links, so unless you have the GW2 artbook, your not going to have a clue what I'm on about.

On page 7 of the book, there is like a concept drawing of some sort of cannon or howitzer ?

Page 19 looks to have some sort of mobile cannon like vehicle ?

Page 110 looks like it could be some sort of Orr catapult ?

Probably wrong, and the first two are just sketches in the corners of pages, so might just be filling page space, but who knows. Would be cool if there is some sort of siege weaponry.

(If anyone with the artbook can find pics of these on the net then link them, I tried to find them but couldn't)
  2. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I can scan them and put here if u want.
  3. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I've also seen some concept art not in the book that looks very much like how Engineer turrets looked in WAR. Wether or not these will only be usable by one of the unrevealed classes, or will be environmental weapons I'm not really sure.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If that isn't breaking some sort of copyright then do it, otherwise everyone without an artbook should buy one as they are awesome, or win one maybe.... *cough* *cough*

I too have seen the sentry turrets you speak of and I have spent a large part of this morning trying to find them and failed.

They were on an art video of Daniel Dociu's and for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere. I know its not the art video they released at the GDC as I just watched that now and its not on there. They do as you say look like engineer turrets from Warhammer, so it will be interesting to see if these are environmental weapons found in high tech areas such as Asura camps, or if indeed one of the unrevealed classes is some sort of engineer/tinkerer.
  5. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Google-fu, commence!

[IMG]

[IMG]

Also, this is possibly a mob, but I lite the idea that Sylvari could have some sort of nature-engineer and make something like this.

[IMG]

I was also thinking that the "engineer" class could build/place them, and they would work as environmental weapons that anyone could use.

Hmmm.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

That first sketchy drawn image was the one I had seen before.

Definitely looks like some sort of gatling turret.

Has to be either environmental weapons or an unrevealed class.
  7. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

sylvari engineer will, of course, create plant turrets à lá plants vs zombies :D
  8. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

[IMG]