Shantottos' Stream Thread

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shantotto, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Stream Address: www.twitch.tv/gryffes
    Streaming: Ranked/casual games of League of Legends, Portal 2 ( much to aspira, jeminii and ins' amusement ), and random other stuff ( will be resubbing to tera very shortly ).

Features: Has full mic+speaker output on the stream, so you can hear ventrilo/teamspeak audio both ways + game audio+music/etc, and also a player cam so you can see me while I fail :p

This threads for me to bump when I start streaming and for the aforementioned fuckers to lol at me in :p
  2. Offline

Rooster Community Member

<--- Tera subbed atm :)
  3. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I do like your chocobo sig btw :p Is that just for your forum name or were you into dare I say it, FFXI?
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Streaming Portal 2 now.
  5. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

How much kb/s is it taking in upload?
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

1Mb upload speed will let you do 720p in perfect quality on most games and 1080p on less graphic intensive stuff.

EDIT: I fucked my maths initially.

EDIT2: @F U R I E - lol that was a typo before my bad maths made it even more wrong.
  7. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

8. Offline

Shantotto Guest

400-800kb while streaming in 720p, I think justin.tv is having an issue right now though as I've been streaming for a few hours earlier but now it's starting to stream, get a black image on the jtv page, and then it seems to go back to being non-live and showing the offline graphic. t_t.

My CPU could handle full 1080p w/ super high quality encoding, but my upload can't handle that AND play an online game at the same time, I might be able to stream stuff like portal 2 in higher quality.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Taking my setup for example, I have my capture software set with 1000kb/s upload with a 2000kb/s buffer. With 2Mb upload (soon to be upgraded to 3Mb) I can stream 1080p on almost anything. Shanto has a very similar setup I think.
  10. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Stream _should_ be up now, think JTV just shat itself.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Shanto's stream on full screen while he had portal 2 on it to give an idea of picture quality.[IMG]
  12. Offline

Shantotto Guest

That's some day9 shit right there :p
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I really want to start streaming shit too. my computer is about a year old (dont ask me what it is please..) it should handle it, cost a fortune.

I have to share my elite boss skills to the world. Maybe i'll fail a bit in HoN for you guys to see :p im gonna look in to this when i can sometime next week. with a 100/100mbit connection i should be fine :cool:
  14. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I can help you out if you want a hand, it's pretty easy to get going as long as your CPU can handle it ( need i5 or better ).
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i5 750 @ 2.67ghz and a ati radeon 5800 series card i think it was 5870 or 5860 no idea lol

works?
  16. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Yes, it's mostly CPU dependant, that will handle it nps.
  17. Offline

Mizou Community Member

dualcore 3.8ghz enouph ? i think a quadcore would have been better but also 150 € more expensive
  18. Offline

Shantotto Guest

dualcores struggle, but you can try, shout me on TS anytime.
  19. Offline

Miyo Community Member

i have no problems with streaming on xfire with my dual core so... but 512kbps upload is... ffs >.>
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea, you really need 1Mb or better upload to stream at a decent quality. CPU speed is important too, but no point trying if you don't have the upload.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner