SC II - Terran video tuts?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tendo, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Offline

Tendo Community Member

Just picked up SC II a bit again and kinda wanna learn more about 1v1 play as Terran. Found some nice theory sites and all but I am looking for some nubie Terran strategy video guides or so. I follow the tournies and such but if you didn't rly play the game beyond the campaign, it's rly hard to follow what they are doing and commenting...

If anyone could direct me to some videos that you think would be useful , would be more than appreciated!
  2. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Ehrm, playing Protoss I only know Protoss guides. But as a newbie myself, I'm more than willing to play a few games with you before you hit the ladder and the cheese of doom! Cheese is bad mechanics practice (as a newbie, that is).
  3. Offline

Tendo Community Member

Would be nice :) Though I know very little to nothing about strategy or w/e so hope it won't be to boring for you :/
  4. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I haven't played in half a year, so kinda rusty myself. My strategy comes from watching streams/etc. Quite different than actually executing builds/strategies so no worries. Hook me up in SWTOR sometime when you're bored.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

6. Offline

adagio Moderator

Also might be worth using Yabot to practice the first 7-8mins over and over again. This lets you get a good feel for the keys and yabot also has some functions that let you choose build orders.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/YABOT
  7. Offline

Tendo Community Member

Thanks alot! Big help :D
  8. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Make marines.

Think you have enough marines?

MAKE MORE MARINES
  9. Offline

Tendo Community Member

omg this is fantastic! Just the thing I need. You sir, just made my day. I'll send you a beer :>
  10. Offline

Tal The Architect

Also, don't *just* play 1 race. You will learn a lot in the beginning by getting a feel of each race.
  11. Offline

Tendo Community Member

Ye thought this too, tried zerg this morning but puh, seems so damn more macro managing intense compared to Terran, so thought it would be best to start with Terran to get a feel for it.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Just be careful as some of the builds are very out of date and some of the others are done really badly so you end up practicing how to supply block yourself etc. etc.

Couldn't agree more with this. Even if you are just playing against easy level AI, you should try all the races out. Knowing what each of the buildings are and what they do is vital for playing online as when you scout, you need to know what you have scouted and plan/react accordingly.

If you are new to the game, then I would honestly suggest giving Protoss a try. I started off as Protoss and I found the whole "warp in" mechanic of the buildings and the units to be very noob friendly. Only reason stopped playing Protoss was because I grew to dislike "warp in" mechanic for the units. It just didn't feel right to me. That said, they are a really good race to start with and they have a bucket load of cheese available if your a bronze league player, lol.
  13. Offline

Tendo Community Member

Ye that's what I find bit hard and correct me if I'm wrong but is it wrong to assume I first need to learn some build order from all races? Even if I go scout now and for example they take early gas followed by X building, I still don"t really know what they gonna do without knowing some build orders. I find it rather hard atm to take in everything like that, but then again, perhaps I'm just trying to take in too much in one go and expect it to go good too fast :/

On that note of build orders, if anyone has some time and perhaps could tell me if it's "safe" to try and learn the current "hot" build orders from on http://www.sc2builds.com/ ? If I just take the most recent posted ones, I assume they are up to date then no?
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I too suck with trying to work out what people are doing based off of scouting. You will never know exactly, there is some guess work involved.
  15. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Scouting doesn't work until ~gold anyway. Can't make reads on bad players.

"Oh, so he has 2 stargates? Cool, I'll make anti-air defenses!"
    Suddenly 20 immortals at your doorstep.
  16. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

TBH the only time I really scout is zerg (early scout, sometimes two scouts), because half of them 6-pool. Random too, because random at low levels == cheese.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I loled so hard when I read this because I have experienced this and similar on the ladder, lol.
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

Also if you get the chance watch the 3rd match between dark and night in the totalbiscuit challenge match ups from the weekend.

A zerg with 140 supply beat a maxed out protoss death ball in a comedy way.
  19. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I picked up SC2 a little again, working my way down from Plat (where I got seeded for some odd reason). I was silver half a year ago when I last played, gg. Finally getting to the stage where I'm getting foes I can beat again.

Add me if anyone wants to do some custom games against a silvery Protoss: Xom 875
  20. Offline

adagio Moderator

Aspiras got me addicted to monobattles at the moment. I should be working on dwarf mod but god dam its addictive.