Rome 2 Total war

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gizmodio, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

YEEEEEEA madderfakker shit ass tits! Im almost a month late discovering this fantastic announcement, but the next Total war game will be Rome 2!
    There is so much i hope for in the game, Some of them are

-improved Diplomacy (Witch i have wished for since Rome 1, If they threw in the in depth diplomacy from like civilization or Crusader kings i would be a happy boi)
    -increased Multiplayer campaign options ( just things like being able to garrison your friends castle in order to best help with defending it, or just hide from bigger enemy armyes that you cant take on on the open field)
    -To have the different military styles well represented, that the Romans fight like they actually did with all their formations, and the barbaric factions fight more disorganized in looser formation, and the greek factions fight in Phalanx formation (that the AI can actually use)
    -To appoint my own generals, they have said they are improving everything, obviously.. and also the 1v1 combat you see down in the battlefield, so if you follow 1 dude for a few mins in a battle you think you will win and dont have too do too much micromanagement, it would be really cool if i could like select that single unit and apoint him as a field marshal, general or captain etc, to feel more attached to my own leaders

Im personally not a huge fan of sea battles, but the Idea of sailing towards land, jumping out on the beach and storming the defensive positions at the beach does sound cool

There is no way im alone in getting super exited about this titel, What features do you hope to see in Rome 2 ? :)
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

With the exception of Napoleon, I have not enjoyed any of the Total War games since the original Shogun and the original Medieval (the expansions were shit).

I know you loved Shogun 2 Giz, but I honestly find the AI to be too stupid. The game does get harder when you increase the difficulty, but not so much that it feels challenging. I personally believe it to be because of the stupid AI. The decisions it makes (tactically) when moving around the map, building things etc. etc. are just random and meaningless. In some one of my campaigns, an AI faction got stuck in a valley just moving its army back and forth on the same two tiles. The diplomacy is also completely pointless in the more recent games as it is just so random too. One turn someone is begging to be an ally and the immediate next turn they are telling you that they wish to go to war. One turn they wish to be a trade partner, then next turn they are demanding you give them free stuff.

I just hope that they spend a lot of development time on the AI as the recent games have been beautiful games (graphically) and the mechanics have been getting better and better, but the AI has just been so poor.
  3. Offline

Menru Veteran BOON

Ive got all the series installed. Love it...

Briefly i want the game to have consequences. You dont get punished enough if you do something wrong and if I remember corrrectly the AI does some random choices in regards to diplomacy. Graphics are beatiful as it is...
  4. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

Aspira I agree with you on the AI part, i just didnt whine about it since it has been horrible for a long time..
    its true that i did enjoy Shogun 2, but that is purely because of the graphics, and the multilayer campaign. playing a campaign on my own i doupt i would be able too do
    first off i hate the time period, and second the AI is a boring thing to play against

Its a shame thought, that the new fancy looking games are more often then not only saved by multilayer, and coop campaigns
  5. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

6. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

7. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

8. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

9. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

10. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

i loved the shogun games but thats due to me beeing a huge fan of the era of warring states period in japan :p
  12. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

13. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

14. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Cant wait for this beating acina and aspira 2 on 1 will be glorious!
  15. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

16. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

already pre ordered this, it's going to me m├Ązin'
  17. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

18. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

19. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

20. Offline