Romanian Protests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aspira, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Anyone up for an massive game of "where's Tommcat" ?

2. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

Me? In front line as always :) Is a shame what happend there. All started as peaceful demonstration and after that the things got worst. People throwing stones , cocktail molotov's , pieces of wood into the law enforcers. Is really a shame. What i hope now is not to have an another 22 december 1989. This is the 3th day of demonstrations in almost all the country we will see what happends 2morrow.
  3. Offline

Bluff Community Member

zzzz, i hate those people who destroy public & private property. i know people who earn their living from small shops which got destroyed by thugs during similar demonstrations.

i really want to understand those who claim anarchy is the solution for most political problems!!
  4. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Even made the Dutch morning news.
  5. Offline

Saul Community Member

Easy he's in BF3 Pwning Mortars...:D
  6. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

It's a more complicated beast than it looks at first sight.

One the one side, there are the peaceful protesters that want to change something in this country, trying to show the government/presidency that they will get in the streets need be. These guys protested as any democratic people should, peacefully and orderly.

On the other side, there are the hooligans that no one knows for real why they came out to cause destruction - be it because they always do that during the soccer games and wanted to continue their conflicts with the authority, be it because they were actually instigated by the power (government/presidency) to nullify the democratic effort of the category above (the peaceful protesters), be it simply because they're retarded and saw this as an opportunity to just go out and do some damage without any repercussions.

But if the media shows the violence, cause that's what's selling to the audience, the democratic purpose of the first category will be perverted and distorted and its value will diminish. And this is something the government/presidency only welcomes.

My take on it, without being there, without watching tv, just from reading opinions from people that I think actually matter.

I don't like this kind of real life games.

Instead, I took my ride, filled it with girls and went off roading :).
  7. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

Saul Right u are :). I just love knifing the mortar players.
  8. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Awesome body armor on those riot police!
  9. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

Yeap those are the special forces incase of violent riots. Did u see the size of that tear gas cannister that officer is holding at 0:50 ?
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Lets be honest though Tommcat, you could out DPS that entire special forces team if you were to be unleashed.
  11. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

Yeah of course Aspira. Were around 2000 - 2500 people there against almost 300 police officers. A ratio almost 8 to 1 against the police.
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Except they are in full expertise gear.
  13. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

Against Molotov cocktails even if u are in tactic gear u can't do anything against flames. Last night some of people were throwing those molotov cocktails against the police officers. All i hope is that this situation not to get worse.
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If it gets any worse you will need to get Bluff and his mates over from Egypt to help out!!!
  15. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

I prefer not to. I like to live in a peaceful country not in a war zone :)
  16. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

Indeed, think ill become a Riot police when i grow up and pretend im a roman Centurions in Cesars army against the barbaric Gauls! :O
  17. Offline

Yoyoxcamy Community Member

My parents live near Universitate and mom even works in Unirea area, she said the damage was incredible. in Unirea crossroads there were no more street lights :eek: and they took the stones from the road. this is not the work of all the oldies that were protesting there...this is ULTRAS & other team galleries that are called or even payed to do that by the ones in power - to discredit the manifestations there.

There no telling what till happen next...i delayed my visit to my folks...dont want to see my city like that...
  18. Offline

Ceeo Community Member

Or just kids/hooligans wanting to show off, as it is 90% the times when it's a riot.
    Teargas em!