RIFTing through the gaming world.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Akemi, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Offline

Akemi Veteran BOON

Aion was great fun that gradually slowed down - atleast for me, and what can I use to fill that void? (no rude remarks pls...) RIFT, at least for the time being, before GW2 emerges and sucks away my real life HP bar and drains my other essentials.

Whilst I have been under the monotonous task of life that is University, I had found and squeezed in enough time to indulge into RIFT and tailor the game play to suit my needs - as I had heard was available before I jumped on the band wagon.

I witnessed quests and PVP (well me being ganked whilst waiting for kcpops and nabs like Aspira and Acina to move their asses - all of which were rather slow) I should probably call it PvN...go figure. All in all though it was good fun, the game play was decent, graphics - meh not as impressive as Aion but I need something to fill the void that is caused by Aion atm, even though I still like Aion (a lot).

Oh and I guess I should hasten to mention the amazing company I had whilst leveling...you know who you are... :)

Oh and I love the build I made <3 shhh top secret ;)

Now I have the wait for release....
    [IMG]
  2. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I agree completely, Aspira is slow :p
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

4. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

You're all slow!
  5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

The Hare never wins the race....
  6. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I think a lot of people are in the same situation as you are.
    Bored of their current game and still waiting for GW2. :(
    well yes, meanwhile RIFT is a good game.
    fast leveling, fast gearing up. fast some pvp fun :D
  7. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Define "fast leveling, fast gearing up" please. :p
  8. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Faster than Aion, slower than DC Universe :p
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Was Aion slow gearing or leveling you mean? :p
  10. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Well you couldn't really force it much to be faster (gear-wise) because of the instance cooldowns and fixed dredgion times, ofcourse you could PvP but only gain AP until a certain rank.

In RIFT you can requeue up to Warfronts (Battlegrounds) until you are geared to the teeth I imagine. Levelling wise it's either Quest after quest it'll go fast with a decent levelling build, but instancing and rifting is pretty fast aswell. Plus it is in my opinion more fun than grinding Indratu elite mobs for 10 levels.
  11. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

So you gain experience at them Warfronts too then, which also gives gear?
    Totally agree and prefer grinding instances and questing to get max level.
  12. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

It gives some points you can buy PvP gear with and it also gives a bit of XP. However, its much quicker to level doing instances, rifting or quests. Atleast at level 10-30, don't know if it increases after that. Would get around a bar of XP for a warfront.
  13. Offline

Talisker Veteran BOON

I'm sure they''ll put times on all instances and warfronts to slow progression. I bet they're just beta testing mechanics atm, and I wouldn't be surprised if rift numbers decline as well until there is a rift event. You can see they are patching it to more a release game when they've nerfed the racial active skills.
  14. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

un
    unless they change the xp & pvppoints gaining rate, you will be fast level 50 with good pvp gear.
    you hit 30 in about 2-3 days so about 2weeks to 50? and than about 2 weeks for this pvp gear :D
  15. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I assume there is different pvp gear for the different levels, like 20, 30 40 and 50?
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yes and no. There seems to be vendor gear (both PvP and PvE) available for different level brackets. There also seems to be a ranking system like in Vanilla WoW for PvP gear from what I saw in beta. There were NPC's tagged as "Knight" and "General" etc. etc. and they required like PvP rank xxx, so it looks like the more you PvP, you get access to higher teirs of gear.

Similar to how rep gives PvE rewards.

I could be wrong, but thats how it looked from going round the vendors in the PvP district of the main city.
  17. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

The Ranked gear is lvl 50 only, essentially when you hit 50 your exp bar turns into a Prestige bar, and to gain "prestige" instead of eap in PvP along with favour.

Kind of like Renown Ranks in WAR really, except there are only 6 ranks, so I expect each one to be a pretty steep grind.

And yes, there are gear vendors for each bracket, however they need rep to buy along with favour. But you gain rep by doing the warfronts anyway.

I STILL think warfront exp is pretty bad, with only getting 10~12% of a level per-win (per-WIN, you gain next to nothing for a loss) and with quests giving such amazing exp along with money and gear, questing is the way to go for sure.
  18. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

So whats "Favour" and how do you earn it?
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It's like AP. You get it from battlegrounds or by completing PvP quests etc.
  20. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

This, its nice that the currency is seperate from what determines your rank though.

However, I'm a little concerned that 6 ranks is almost nothing. Unless it takes FORVER to get, which is just as bad.

I guess it gives them more room to develop though, we'll see.