RIFT: Who will play what class/spec?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Alaisy, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I already ordered the game and since I spoke to many people already I found out that many already know what they will be playing in release.

Personally I'm 99% sure to play an Elf Warrior.

EDIT: Changed my builds completely,stopped counting.
  2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I'm still really torn between warrior or rogue.

Warrior pros: Maintanked in mmos before for 25/40 man content, get pissed off at shit tanks in pve, can switch to other specs for pvp rape.

Rogue pros: W/ the way pvp server is setup, if nothing is going on you can just go ganking in their zones for the lulz and escape easily, would be way harder on any other class.

Rogue cons, I played rogue for ages in wow and got a bit bored of it, then switched to warrior which I enjoyed a good amount, but there's that whole no ganking thing on warrior.
  3. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I've been torn between Bard and Cleric.

But after spending the past 5 hours theorycrafting with a friendm she's convinced me to go Bard, so..

Bard.
  4. Offline

Mizou Community Member

Bard

if too many bards and we got no warlord (warrior) i might just go and do it
  5. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Cleric - Warden
    For me as main I'm thinking about atm.
  6. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Fire Mage,, mainly because I wannabie the slacker ranged dps for once... fucken slackers I hate them
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Lol, I'll definitely go cleric but not sure yet which build.

Had a play with a Justicar/shaman/Druid build yesterday and it was pretty good fun, when I had the tanking talent turned on I was holding agro from lvl 30 dps quite easily - just need to research dmg mitigation a little bit (was wearing caster gear + no shield)!
  8. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I will go Marksman - infiltrator - x

Marksman coz it is awesome
    infiltrator coz of the great pvp abilities
    x will be a class with some nice passive buffs (riftstalker atm)

http://tinyurl.com/46rfw9j
  9. Offline

Akemi Veteran BOON

<3 Puri/Sent <3 <3 as main
  10. Offline

Wonsie Veteran BOON

I'm going for Warrior for sure. Possible going tanking. We will see how the game play out and what is needed.

So I will have one spec Paladin and something.

Leveling/pvp with be, Champion/Reaver + something more

What race I will go. I dont know, the best one for tanking. (anything except dwarf)
  11. Offline

Fokkie Veteran BOON

Im not quite sure what i'll be playing. I had great fun playing my Cleric, but i also had fun playing my warrior and I start leaning towards warrior more and more. My warrior souls would be something like this:
    http://rift-planner.com/#?archetype...talants=1515,1_1518,3_1519,1_1520,5_&lang=eng Champion: 51/Vindicator: 5/Riftblade: 10
    The great thing about this role is that it deals TONS of cleave damage, in addition to putting some aoe debuffs on the opponents from the warlord tree, and some extra non physical damage on all attacks from Riftblade. Will switch into more in vindicator as i get Prestige levels.

Would also have a Warlord role, and tank role.

I can probably go cleric if thats more needed and i would be Purifier and warden/sentinel
  12. Offline

Dragonay Community Member

Prolly Paragon/Champion/Riftblade build.
    I tried it in beta and liked it. good speed DPS and proper survivability
  13. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

i think i will go saboteur/ranger/riftstalker or cleric warden/sentinel/purifier.
  14. Offline

Sheebaa Veteran BOON

war(not a tank) or a rogue(melee, not chicken ranged rogue) :)
  15. Offline

Talisker Veteran BOON

A saboteur/riftstalker /ranger for leveling, and a saboteur/assassin/riftstalker for pvp. Ranged dps slacker ready for duty.
  16. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

He really hates rangers :)
  17. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

IF I will play im going assassin/rift
  18. Offline

Kammie Community Member

:O

cleric - purifier/warden with inquisitor or cabalist
  19. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

I had alot fo fun during the Beta with my warrior so im concidering that or Marksman/ranger/saboteur
  20. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I've been torn, just like Shanto, for the same reasons about Warrior vs Rogue class. There was never any doubt about me playing melee dps though, and even less doubt after toying with them talent calculators for quite a while. Most probably a Champion with touches of Riftblade/Beastmaster for leveling, and switching to Paragon instead of Riftblade later for PvE. As far as PvP goes - Vindicator ftw?