RIFT: Storm Legion Launch Trailer

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I've watched this develop with a bit of interest.

Its worth pointing out that since we played at launch (feels like forever!) patches have made the game near unrecognisable.

I've always kinda liked Rift, its interesting what they've done with the game and I like the fact that they stuck to their promise of aggressive content development.

The expansion looks beautiful graphically too (although I still have my reservations about their lacklustr art direction)

Worth playing? Possibly, but even with all the changes they have made I still think the levelling experience would be almost unbearable.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The only thing that could have made RIFT worse was if Funcom developed it, so I guess its only logical that it has gotten better through a series of patches, as it couldn't exactly get much worse.

Not meaning to troll or anything, but I expect this to be just as shit as release RIFT. Talking to the Trion guys at Gamescom in 2011, they were slightly clueless.
  4. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

is this an expansion?

btw i tried rift storm legion beta, and i was like: wtf is this, i don't even..? (graphics+gameplay)
  5. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

6. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

Did anyone return to RIFT with this expansion ? and is BOON control the guild still alive somewhere ?
  7. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

I think Allstar is playing somewhere.

I think we're 4 or 5 playing now and then on Icewatch, not counting Allstar.
  8. Offline

Really ? hows the population like on the ''low'' servers ? i saw Icewatch was the only english server with medium pop, but it was PVE, or does that even matter ?
  9. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

I think world PvP is in a pretty bad state due to the low population on the pvp servers, ques for warfronts isn't that bad and they have meshed together both sides as well so that you can do raids, dungeons, warfronts and be guilded with both defiant and guardian players.
  10. Offline

Say wha ? you can team up/be in the same guild as Defiants as a guardian ?
  11. Offline

HardKoar Community Member

LoL , Pve Game is Pve Game.
  12. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Lorelol happened it seems, love to hear that story.
  13. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

pve game is amazin
  14. Offline

Sooo.. im on Icewatch now, warriors name is Argaloss, pleasea whisper me in game so i can get some answers about the game ^^
  15. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Yeah I'm on Icewatch, had no idea more people were playing :eek: add me on ..Allstar :)

Guardians and Defiants can group together and join the same guilds but only on PvE servers, PvP servers didn't change.

PvP has a mercenary mechanic to autobalance teams like an FPS.

3-way pvp map is fun.

Its the most fun I've had in an MMO for a long time, Rifts and zone events are still cool and the game is extremely polished but I'm not level 60 yet so I can't really comment on the endgame.

Server populations are all low/medium, needs to go F2P badly.

TL;DR Great game, subscription fee is really hurting the population.
  16. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

cashy's not 60 tututut :p
  17. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

ign Kephir
  18. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

19. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Worth checking out for anyone who is bored/interested.

It really is very good.
  20. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

got bored halfway to 60

really is no reason to play this game over say WoW since in my opinion it is just a poor copy of that game, with more talent choices. Once you go through those talents and class choices (there is always a FOTM build anyway) not much is better in Rift...

Its something different but like my first time playing it i quickly got bored in less then 30 days, again