Rift Beta

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shantotto, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Shantotto Guest

just got into this weekends rift beta so I guess I know what I'm hammering this weekend.
  2. Offline

Mizou Community Member

i join u tomorrow night when i get the account from a friend
  3. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I get my beta also so i will try to catch u in game :)

IGN: Blackspear ofc

//EDIT I joined Icewatch server coz all others were full. Guardians Race?
  4. Offline

Mizou Community Member

im going on brutwacht :(
  5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

hmm I will have to investigate this...
  6. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Sry chops but u have to make new guild for RIFT we are not gonna play GW2 :pP <joke>

Game is not bad but nothing cool, its really clon of WoW. Just with better graphic...
  7. Offline

Shantotto Guest

It isn't even a wow clone, it's like AOC pvp ( melee gtfo ), with pretty landscapes but AWFUL character and monster animations, with warhammer style scenarios and warhammer public quests ( redone and quite a bit better though ).

It's DOA.
  8. Offline

Mizou Community Member

all the people i meet and know said, its simple copy of wow and other games. hell it feels like im playing something new, it is something old. go here do this do that blub bla new story great wow

booooooooooooooring im lvl 7 heavy nuking imba mage who can kill up to 5 mobs with a well timed drink and dps dps dps dps dps dps dps

feels so shit tbh but i will lvl up to 20 and pvp, a friend said the pvp is well fun

OH and i HATE globalcooldown !
  9. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Just stop at 19 and do BG coz at 20 u will get raped....

Today my random ppl told me that they will not fight coz its notmal they loose 90% of BG after lvl 19 ....

//EDIT They need to get on vent and listen Chops a bit and they will start fighting again for sure :D
  10. Offline

Mizou Community Member

holy shit check out the ranger with marksman, i will add dirge as well to up damage even more, right now its ridicolous !
  11. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I'm guessing your friends are playing guardian ?
    The racial imbalance in favour of Defiance is pretty sick ( as well as looks ).

I'd expect about 80%+ of people to roll defiance on release, in BETA the BG queue time for guardian is <1s ( like insta pop ) and defiance > 10-15 mins.

And that's WITH crossrealms already implemented so it's giving a true pic of overall beta race picks.
  12. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Trying it atm, lvl 7 so far. Rogue Bladedancer (and Riftstalker and Assassin lol)

So far I kinda like the scenery, quests seem a bit stale, go here do this and deliver..Same as WoW that way. Made a nice looking elf tho :p

[IMG]
  13. Offline

Mizou Community Member

it doesnt get better quest wise and i still cant stand this global cooldown shit, any melee class btw is weak ... realy weak and slow
  14. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

[MENTION=122]Shantotto[/MENTION] ye im guardian. The main thing is they dont even try :/

[MENTION=4]Alaisy[/MENTION]im playing assa/rift/bladedancer (but i use skills from 2 first only) ans i have to say that riftstalker is awesome with tons of blinks!
  15. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Well the mass rift invasion there kind of changed my mind on it being DOA. I'll post some more later.
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

That screeny looks really nice.
  17. Offline

Tal The Architect

Yep, tho it certainly looks like WoW HD :p Not saying that's a bad thing!!
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Good way of putting it tbh.
  19. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

Dang I had a beta invite for this week, but I checked my mail to late, didn't checked my mail for a few days till now.
  20. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Its still going til 6 PM today, its a pretty fast download aswell