Rift 1.1 Alpha patch notes

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Doodle, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

and i forgot to add, nerf for warriors! bwahhaha
  3. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Damage increase on Cloudburst.

I... Wh... What?
    :omg:
  4. Offline

Mizou Community Member

pyromancer buffed ? erm right ok i think i just canceld my sub
  5. Offline

Bluff Community Member

for more comfortable readings, http://pastebin.com/wr5HfYyB

and yeah they nerfed warriors, specially riftblades (no more RIFT surge spam) and no more "ranged skill" spam for paragons and riftblades, but tbh only bad warriors who get kited so long and need to spam ranged skills. (warriors still have more than enough charges/roots/snares to not be kited)

they didnt fix certain bugged skills that used to make the warrior damage go nasty, for example Tactical Strike (description says it is 25% chance to proc, up to 10times, what i see it 100% procs)

Strike Like Iron, still there (Lilith wants it to be nerfed), and it still applies for 2-hand weapons, for some reason i was blind and didnt notice this skill, maybe cuz i focus on spamming my aoe finishers, should try it more after buffing it up (it shall be off-GCD, more dmg , etc..)

Titan strike stun nerf was gonna happen sooner or later, but some ppl told me that they dont get stunned for long because they spend some soul points on passive buffs that reduce the "stun duration", that's why i didnt think 5 seconds is long

cant say i am sad due to the nerf, it will distinguish good warriros from button-smashers.

also, they nerfed sabos, and of course mages got their "love".

dont want to sound like arrogant, and dont want people to hate me, but sabos could be countered easily, they didnt need nerf. (they are pain when there is more than 2-3 of them in defiant side, but that is sooo rare)

also mages, had enough dmg tbh, in guardian side i see Ary kill 9999 defiant with couple of Aoes, and same on defiant sides, i know good mages that are always my first taget cuz they know how to deal damage.

if you disagree with me, discuss, just dont flame me or call me names plz...
  6. Offline

Mizou Community Member

u are pretty much right with what u said :) they are going the wrong way and tbh i dont think they realy know what they are doing. they are new, young developers yes but oh well. im not there to play a tester and this is kinda what happens in games since like 5 years at least to me.
  7. Offline

Bluff Community Member

well yeah, they want the players to be happy, so they respond to their QQ threads

there are skills on other classes that annoy me as hell, and i cant counter them with my champion, but i can counter them with my Void Knight or Riftblade for example, that's why i rarely QQ about any other class. cuz usually i find a counter to them on other soul, Henc >> all my four roles are PVP builds for different situations.

oh Also, Tactical Strike Applies to Players and NPCs, making the PVE damage go insane lol, bugged skill is bugged.
  8. Offline

Mizou Community Member

tbh what they realy need is like a 50% damage reduction overall to all and everyone in pvp so u actually need to time things, u need to spike realy or silence at the right time... is it only me who thinks this would help the most ?
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

For PvE warriors: Paragon huge buff, Champion slightly nerfed, BM huge nerf. Will Paragons be the next Fotm? :)
  10. Offline

Bluff Community Member

And WTF are they blind?

The Afkers run BOTS/Software/Macros to make their characters keep running around spamming random skills, so even after being reported, they wont get kicked because they are already "engaging the enemy" and "supporting the team", This fix will solve nothing, warfront botters will keep botting.

a reasonable soultionis to pop-up a mini-window to the player who got reported for being AFK, the mini-window will ask the player to enter randomly generated 3-digit numbers, if they fail to enter the sequence the player get kicked. Simple!!!

time to QQ on Rift forums..
  11. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Honestly though the overall damage buff for Mages was needed, if not in PvE. Stormcaller getting buffs... Well, at least that will proc nerfs in the next patch as everyone will swarm there now.
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Its true, someone that plays a class well gets noticed, specially if that class is considered gimped. You notice arys damage because she is decked out to the teeth and could be the best geared mage in the whole damn world. I personally dont complain much about my mage and have always enjoyed and kicked ass with him. But the class is not perfect. The pve damage is lol compared to warriors (why warriors are nr 1 pve dps in the first place is just wrong, poor rogues have no place in pvp or pve) and pvp wise you either spec pyro and stand still like a hurpderp spamming 1 button (no skill what so ever) or you spec stormcaller and use 2-4 abilitys spamming aoe on hurrdurrherpdurps who refuse to move out of the clouds. And while you do this you hope someone keeps you alive because the aoe has short range and if the hurrdurrps where just smart enough to target you...
  13. Offline

Lilith Community Member

Bluff I never told you SLI was bugged and needs nerfing mate. I was talking about Shifting Blades and that it can be used with 2 hander when its supposed to be dual wield skill.

As for the changes to warrior... epic nerf -.-, especially BM soul. Enjoy your 1-1,5k dps while you can ppl :p. Buffing overall dmg of mages is just redicilous imo. Oh well we will see what will happen when the changes hit live servers. Those are still alpha changes so they might get tweaked a bit more b4 they hit live.
  14. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

Nothing about those 2 paragon bug fixes though. They just messing up with fights like Konstantin etc... will be a pain for mdps...
  15. Offline

Handa Community Member

Why is it ridiculous?
  16. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

Simple... players like Ary already dominate on mages. Others who are not as proficient just start whining and bitching...

Imho they have to fix actual bugs first, get everything working properly. Once that's done, start tweaking.
  17. Offline

Handa Community Member

Are we talking PvP or PvE here?
  18. Offline

Wonsie Veteran BOON

* Killing Spree and Blood Thirsty use the proper perk tokens now.

That is going to be expensive, 50g every 1 hour. Guess the pvpers have to start farming :D

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
    * Warriors: The following abilities have been changed to fix an issue where the character could use them and die before they actually triggered, making it seem like they missed: Touch of Life, Master of the Abyss, No Permission to Die, Rift Shield, and Predictable Movements.
    That is the best update ever, I die so many times by pressing Touch of Life and not get the 100% heal, instead it goes on Cooldown and I'm laying on the floor dead.
  19. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

Both ;)
    Just look at the QQ on official forums. There are plenty of mages who don't agree with the other mages :confused:
    Just a case of ineffective builds etc.
  20. Offline

Wonsie Veteran BOON

Wow, I'm so going paragon after this patch get released, Holy cow they are getting buffed heavly.

I almost 2 shot people with paragon already, wounder what happens after the patch! :D