reddit Combat and PvP AmA

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Doodle, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

2. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Awesome! :D (goodbye Archeage)
  3. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Wait a god damn minute: Casters need to stand still for casting spells?
  4. Offline

Castspellar Community Member

Just like in Aion, some skills required that but it worked well
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

This isn't Guild Wars 2
    Some Spells and even ability's need you to stand still but you need to still aim them
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

GW2 has channeled spells you have to stand still for too... Its pretty standard, as long as most skills are movement allowing, I don't see the problem... Still be more interesting than WoWs combat of standing still most the fight watching bars.
  7. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

As healer do you mean?
  8. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

You all misinterpreted my question: do ALL spells need to be standing still to cast?
    I haven't played Wildstar to begin with, but doenst make sense to me that casters need to stand still while non-casters can run about.
  9. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

As anything. WoW pretty much every skill roots you for the duration of the animation, so its often better to stand still for max dps/heals.
    Wildstar should be very similar to GW2 as most skills are movement allowing, even some channeled skills. Hopefully they get the balance right so that no class feels too stationary or too twitchy.
  10. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

a lot of them are, atleast when i was on the Esper. mind you, most are also instant cast so its not like you have to stand around channeling many of them.
  11. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Thats more like it :D
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I cant recall a single WoW animation that required you to stand still :p unless you are referring to the channeld or cast spells (for example shadowbolt or in older updates even aimdshot etc) they require you to stand still ofc since that's the mechanics of the game. But using a mortal strike or sinister strike or what ever strike never rooted you in animation.

To compare it to Wildstar at the lvl of play i had nothing on the melee stalker that rooted me or required me to stand still while i executed different animations/skills (just like WoW) I could freely move and attack. I did not play a warrior but did not notice them getting rooted in animation either.The melee combat of Wildstar reminded me alot of WoW in fact so did the ranged one.. Except for the obvious telegraphs getting thrown around and people rolling/sprinting and jumping all over the place.

With the Esper and Spellslinger i had some skills I could run and channel/cast and some I had to stand still to channel/cast. And these two classes are considered ranged classes

I did answer your question, though i was not sure if it was a question in the first place...

"Some Spells and even ability's need you to stand still but you need to still aim them"
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

As long as there is an OP broken healing class that has no "stand still" requirement on any of its abilities so you can run about like a crazy mofo spamming skills like a giant noob, then I will be happy.

For those interested in the reference, Warrior Priest from Warhammer Online, only class able to keep a full raid alive solo while whacking your face off the keyboard.

In seriousness though, I need to check to see some healer footage, cuz if this game is going to have WoW vanilla-esque PvE endgame, I will be putting my name down for clearing all the raid content as healbot aka "grid minigame player".
  14. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

We all gonna die!
  15. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Actually i predict an overflow of healers in the beginning. Just saying.
  16. Offline

Undeadmonkey Veteran BOON

Difference between a good healer and a the majority of bad ones ^_^
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

There always is but most launch day healers never make it to max level, and the ones who do either quit because they find healing boring at endgame, or they are dogshit at healing. Very few GOOD healers out there. Same with tanks.
  18. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

so you wont be healing? TROLOLOL
  19. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

<-- Healer too :eek:
  20. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

You can always change your skills and passives and go from healing to dpsing/tanking what ever. I guess you will need to carry a second set of gear though