Razer Project Fiona CES 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aspira, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It actually looks amazing, I would actually consider buying one if it actually does what they say it can.

The only problem I see is the price of $1,000 which means by the time it reaches the UK, expect to pay about £1,000,000 for one.
  2. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

expencive! btw i miss u aspira :(
  3. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Well since you paly PC games with it the hardware for those gets outdated every year or so, and knowing Razer the device won't be upgradable in any way, so what... buy a new edition every 1-2 years for 1k bucks? you gotta be kidding me.
  4. Offline

Angelo Community Member

And then to find it doesn't actually play those games to a good enough standard, could be wrong but I can imagine it being by Razer and all.
  5. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Oh look, another gimmicky piece of hardware being promoted as being revolutionary I will never use.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The TV that LG showcased is worth checking out if your someone who likes gadgets and what not. Its a 55" OLED TV that is only 4mm thick and has a clear bezel around it so the picture seems to go all the way to the end of the TV, rather than a bulky frame round the picture.

EDIT: Adding in pic of the TV with mandatory hot Asian girl next to it....

[IMG]
  7. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

A gadget is a gadget and some people wanna have em all, so far so good but moronic promotion of a gadget that realistically doesn't have a huge target group due to it's price mostly makes it look even worse.
    Guy said...
    " Somebody tells you you have to stop playing and go run some errants, so you drop your desctop, pick this up and go do your errants "
    Yep, i can see me doing that while driving the car to the super market. Or am i supposed to play with this while someone else is driving the car? Didn't get that part.

On the other hand it seems like a nice gadget but very pricy.
    I suppose someone who wants to buy a tablet anyway could go for this gaming tablet but it would help if the price was 50% down like most of the rest high end tablets(apart from the Apple one's obviously).
    Then again the rest of the lot don't have vibrating nunchucks and can't play Rift.

Gadgets are great, help us feel like young boys again and again ;)
    They don't have to work for everyone, that's why they are gadgets.
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I too didn't understand that at all. The guy himself even stopped with the analogy half way through because I think he realised himself that it was complete shite. I could only imagine using it on a bus or train because there is nowhere else outside your home you could use it. I highly doubt you would use it whilst walking down the street or while trying to drive a car (I would actually like to see you try and operate this tablet whilst riding your bike Ketz). Plus you will always use your desktop rather than the tablet if you are at home. Also, lets be honest, the games they are saying work with that tablet are games that you woudl want to set aside a lengthy chunk of time to play, so they are not games that are suited to a 10 or 15min session while on a bus or train.

I like the concept of the tablet Razer have made, but I do agree with you Ketz, it's rather pointless in that it doesn't really solve a problem that doesn't really exist.

I would much rather have that LG TV, it looks fantastic.

In fact, I would much rather have the Asian girl standing next to it, but I highly doubt you can pick one of those up at your local electronics shop.
  9. Offline

Angelo Community Member

10. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Nice commercial... But in reality that's the only way I could "afford" to get that kind of tv :D
  11. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

That thing will break before it's actually delivered!
  12. Offline

Tal The Architect

So it's a portable console that can play PC games.

It has the exact same drawback which is why I don't actually play consoles in the first place... I can't use a Keyboard and Mouse. How many people would play tablet PC games when they have wi-fi and they aren't in a position to use their actual PC. I'd say not many. It's just a novelty.

Also, why would I pay for this when I could get the new PSP that's going to be coming out for a fraction of the price? Razer should stop dreaming and go back to making quirky new peripherals that break after a while.

In the words of Duncan Bannatyne... I'm out.
  13. Offline

Gekido Community Member

In the vid the guy said that you can connect any peripherals via usb ports(kyeboard, mouse etc.). Since it will be running Windows7/8 you'll be able to use keyboard and mouse if you like, but that still doesnt' sell me this thing.

First of all, portable gaming console must be comptact(PSP f.e.), this thing is huge, surely you'd look stupid sitting in the bus holding that thing...
  14. Offline

Feidan Community Member

First you connect a keyboard and mouse in a place where there is enough space, fix the screen in front of you, connect the power cord for it to last more then an hour and then ask yourself why aren't you using a laptop.
  15. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

interested in the TV, fuck the razer gimmicky shit.
  16. Offline

Saul Community Member

The TV is Quality, the Gadget, I'll wait and see, it will either be huge or sink without trace depending on it's actual performance and upgradability.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

HAHAHAHA
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

Adagio's wise words of the day. Never trust a portable device that has a large cable protruding out the bottom of it. The reason the razer device has those love handles is simple. I7 + small space equals fackin hot backplate.

If razer is so wanting to make potloads of money. Follow this simple formula, i7 in a case the size of a brick which can handle todays games. Add 4gbs memory and exchangeble gfx. Cost price 400, then add razor logo to the case and sell for 600 pounds.