Racing Games

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shantotto, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Offline

Shantotto Guest

As per, ONLY ABS on.

It's very beatable, but someone has to start :p
  2. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

3. Offline

Shantotto Guest

4. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

5. Offline

adagio Moderator

I hate you already...
  6. Offline

Jasra Community Member

on PC, isn't that good as GT5, but i think NFS:shift 2 is nice racing game
    and of course, LFS ftw
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Need for speed titles are like the retarded runt of the racing game genre.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  8. Offline

Jasra Community Member

i think you never play shift 2. i don't talk about others NFS games
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I have played Shift 2 and it is pretty terrible. When I play a racing game I want it to be more of a sim and thats what games like Grand Tourismo, Forza and the F1 series offer. The NFS titles, including Shift2, are just crappy arcade racers. Fun to play for about 20mins, then you get bored and load up a real racing game.
  10. Offline

adagio Moderator

I never play a racing game where drifting gets you a faster time than doing it right. I mean a lot of console games seem to have drifting as standard. I prefer being precise over apexes and gaining speed that way.
  11. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Just because someone finds one game more fun than the other doesn't mean the other game is utterly crap. Getting tired of this fanboyism/biases. I enjoyed Forza 3, NFS (most of them) and GT5 on different platforms.

I also know that now that I tried, I don't think I will even bother trying to beat Shant's tracktimes :p. F1 2011 looks great as well, I'll get it at some point, already saw some copies at €25,- so it's not that expensive.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Dude, there is a difference between being a fanboy and knowing what the difference between Racing Sims and Arcade Racers are.
  13. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Well yeah, I remember in NFS III you could just forget about using the brake and use the rail to go around the corner and maintain your speed :p. I just commented on the ''crappy'' part, not the arcade part. I've enjoyed Porsche Unleashed, Hot Persuit and even the critisized Underground because they were quite different.
  14. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

You should all play this

15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

rofl I saw that before, fucking hilarious. Gotta love the guys face as well.
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You guys know nothing, best racing game of all time? Wipeout! Introduced me to prodigy!
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Wipeout was actually pretty fun. I had it on the original Playstation. Was kind of like Deathrace in the future.
  18. Offline

Shantotto Guest

You said you were in the 14s :p

Wipeout was awesome, I picked up HD+fury on ps3 and beat them as well, pretty good fun.
    Wipeout is actually extremely challenging on the harder difficulties, ( with assists off ).
  19. Offline

adagio Moderator

Personally I think we should all pick up grid next time its cheap and have a weekly challenge like we are doing with f12011.

You could also apply this to a emulator and have who can do the quickest green hill zone or lvl 1 streets of rage 2. Get some friendly comp going each week.
  20. Offline

adagio Moderator

Next target for you to hit.

I hear we have good drivers out there, would love to see how much quicker they can get it round the track.