Quest addon - Whats it's limitations ?

Discussion in 'Old Gits Gaming' started by Aspira, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

What's the limitations on the quest addon we use ?

Inspired by Fizzee's goonies ship I was wondering what the scope is of us being able to write our own quests for the addon ?

If we can write our own quests, how advanced can they be ?

Currently its all kill/gather quests and they are a bit boring and only really good for getting extra coin. Is there any way we can make like an underground zone that players could accept a quest to go to and like have to battle their way through a labyrinth to reach end goal of say getting an item from a chest.

Thinking elaborate dungeons with puzzles and traps, lots of mobs and a huge coin reward for anyone managing to complete the quest. Also was thinking about the possibility of trying to find an addon where we could manually spawn mobs and change their values, ie. Spawn a creeper than is 3x the size of a normal creeper, takes 3x the HP pool and can one shot you if it detonates and making it a boss at the end of the "instance".

We could design these lairs as such and save them to a file and upload random ones every few days or so as "special quests".

Not sure if its possible however.
  2. Offline

adagio Moderator

Its limited in that all 50 quests are random but can be changed. The trouble is that it is random selection and you wouldn't always get what you wanted. I looked at a dungeon generator earlier which could be added to the server but I have no idea how it works.