PvP showmatch 19/08

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Firoz, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

PvP showmatch from today.
    Good one guys!
  2. Offline

Zerelin Community Member

WOOOT! that was a close match, I enjoyed it completely :smug:
  3. Offline

Undeadmonkey Veteran BOON

Want to play :(
  4. Offline

Agga Community Member

Whoa guys excellent match, great watch, Keep it up everyone is cheering u dudes on!!!
  5. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

That was awesome .. good job guys ^_^
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Thanks guys.

We really went for it in the 4th game (game 2 day 2) and we really thought we had it won but the devs are just incredibly good PvPers and pulled the game back at the end.

Both teams enjoyed it and the crowd was like half gw2 fans and half sc2 fans, as we were on after puma's games, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Think PvP is going to be popular come release.

More updates later, WiFi is shit here..... /cry

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  7. Offline

Tal The Architect

Scrubs! More dodging needed! :hot:
  8. Offline

dreamlike Community Member

WANNA PLAY (and yes...i shouted)

great job guys!!!
  9. Offline

nurt Community Member

gg's guys.

since we never got a good look at your entire team i had some questions:

what weapons and builds were you running? what was your opening strat (war/guard/ele to clock, necro to windmill etc.) and general gameplan? any insight into your strategy and planning, or the strategy arenanet was using (or particularly effective builds) would be awesome :). the way spectating worked really didn't give a clear view for overall team strategy, since there was no spectator map to watch team movement and the viewpoint was limited.

i saw in a blog by one of your players (can't tell which one lol http://gamers1up.wordpress.com/) that some of your builds surprised the devs. were there any in particular that stood out to them?
  10. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Im not really sure they can go into details but probably they'll be able to reply to you once home after gamescom.
  11. Offline

Furyon Community Member

yea i will be very intrested myself of finding things like that...u know for relese
  12. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I have just leveled up, in envy.
  13. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I also think Katiechops did a post on GW2Guru forums about "who we are". If you can't find it, let me know and I'll find it for ya.
  14. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Its in the thread i linked, silly maskerad.
  15. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

just wait for the game to come out. and if you aint patient enough just freeze yourself in a freezer and hope time passes fast :)
  16. Offline

adagio Moderator

We know the GW1 community tends to err on the side of over exageration like most gaming communities. Believe you me, some players here have studied forums at gwguru and other informative forums.

We at Boon Control have played many games for the last 8 years as a guild from mmo's to fpses and we form opinions on the standard of game play. We never make rash assumptions about games unless they have been played by us. In this case no-one here has played GW2 pvp until the boys/cute girl get back from Germany. I'm sure if the guys are allowed by anet they will give in depth analysis of races/classes but until then anything posted on this forum is speculation.

I'm sorry if you feel flamed by anyone on the forums but we are as much in the dark as anyone else. Also to guildies. just because the leaders are away doesn't mean you can let you standards drop.
  17. Offline

Akemi Veteran BOON

God I wish I could type more on the fone. We were speaking to guys from war tower and such, they asked about combos. Everyone has been really nice and enjoying it. It's a shame about these pricks who can't understand that Anet are fuckin good.
    They have imba exp with treb and know exact timings, they had 9 months forming tactics and playing 5v5 in their office. They are good. Everything they do, movement, tactics, comms are second nature, u cant get that in the 8 hrs total we had to practice as a team, learn the map and form our own tactics.
  18. Offline

Ricoh / Andy Community Member

Great fun watching you guys :) Good effort all around!

P.S.

'There's something in the wateeeeeerrrrrrr!!!........helppppp'

:D
  19. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

since when did doodle have standards!

also really awesome job Guild Wars pvp is kickass im bored playing wow pvp atm!