PvP game or PvE?! Interesting stats

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

So by now most people are aware that Boon Control enjoy and excel at PvP and PvE but many people assume (myself included) SWTOR to be a PvE with a bit of PvP tacked on

Servers globally:
    PvP = 47
    PvE = 41
    RPPvP = 5
    RPPvE = 13

This shows just how close it is with PvE total of 54 and PvP of 52

Food for thought perhaps?
  2. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

As this game gets bigger they will add more pvp content. It has real potential IMO to be something very very good pvp wise.

Some good competition our server would be a good start ;)
  3. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Story driven pvp!

That's something new and has never been done before. :D
    /way to go!
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

the pvp with the guard system is awesome in this game. its everything warhammer online did but RIGHT this time
  5. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

... You serious? Guard is like the dumbest mechanic ever. And you'll see why.
  6. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Helps if you don't mix both of them up, PvE > PvP in number of servers. :)
  7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Sorry, typed on a phone in a hurry. Fixed.
  8. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Didnt mean to sound like a dick btw :p
  9. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

's ok, I sound like a dick most the time but I'm really an ok guy :p
  10. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Bold and italic for pplz to get the point.

Please explain, and I am serious. :p
  11. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

We will se why!
  12. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

With guard, you have an effective 50% damage reduction on your main squishy dps, constantly. Because tanks do not die. That's how they work, they build to not die and give a damage reduction buff that is out of this world. Of course, this gives tanks a use in PvP -- Namely /follow Uber1337SuperFatDeeps. Tanks should be there and control the battlefield, have the CC and the ability to throw the main dps out of the fight, either with hard CC (taunt, silence, stun, KD) or control the enemy movements (knockback, fear, mez). That way, if you don't kill the tank you'll have to deal with fighting on the oppositions terms, but if you do kill them their dps might have gotten to yours, or your healers.
  13. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

But reading what you wrote I don't see why it is the dumbest mechanic ever invented. Tanks are there and control the battlefield, they have the CC and the ability to throw the main dps out of the fight, etc. PRROBLEM???

PS. posting because I'm in queue =(((
  14. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

The problem is that you're overtuning it. You can't give them the hardest CC and the best buffs both, that's just not fair to other classes. Not to mention that the mechanic of controlling the battlefield involves being able to go into backlines and mez healers, which is obviously not the case since you need to be within 15m of a squishy dps. You give up your otherwise obvious mobility (Can't kill me bishes! Imma fuck you up from behind!) for the strongest buff in the game. If you like that, as a tank, and think that /follow and punting things that get too close is your thing then by all means argue guard is fantastic -- because as a mechanic, it is. It is so stupidly strong that it's a must-have. It is, however, anti-fun if you enjoy being a force to be reckoned with in your own right.

TL;DR: If you make it so guard allows you to run in and fuck up the backlines, you made something too strong.
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

In most environments it is not just a ''backline'', it is also up and down (different platforms). This gives the squishy and ranged DPS a massive advantage over guard, especially if they don't bunch up. They have their little ''take cover'' that prevents me charging right to them as well.

I think it's quite balance, and its easy enough to turn on and off that it doesn't limit you too much where it stops becoming fun. Added benefit is that protecting gives you commendations, so mixing up a bit of harrassment and protecting + objectives and you can really get a nice amount of medals.

The CC is quite decent, but none of them last extremely long or have massive AoE effects like the more squishy DPS specs do. AoE Knockback and the flashbang grenade thing are much more powerful CC.
  16. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

The game works differently to warhammer

And more then that I cba to type