[PvE/PvP] Bard Builds

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mizou, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Mizou Community Member

2. Offline

Mizou Community Member

3. Offline

Mizou Community Member

played it now a bit with the riftstalker and i have to say if i get jumped by 3 people with silence it gets tough ^^

low dps, still parsing 200+ hps and being able to survive a champ on you alone, mezz is kinda fucked up to use unless it will be only 5on5 but with everyone shooting anywhere, tough i still spec it

i need to get used to the teleports, could have saved me a couple more times. within 5bg i died only 6 times with 120k+ healing done each.
  4. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

5. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Decent solo specs, but any Bard who thinks about entering a raid/warfront without 51pts in Bard is not a Bard I want in my raid :p
  6. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

couse 750 mana every 2 minutes is so worth it! :D .....
  7. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

for everyone with a blue bar in your raid, when they need it?

If you decide to play a support class, why make a non-supportive build? Of course it is, I'd value an increased team performance much higher than making a selfish build.

I would base raid and warfront pre-made compositions based on their ability to play together as a unit, I would certainly expect a Bard to have one of the most vital mana-regen abilities in the game available at all times.

Like DPS clerics and DPS chanters I guess, DPS-bards are just not something I ever want to have to rely on.
  8. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

if you maybe didnt notice the build i posted is pvp based. if you honestly think that 750 mana every 2 minutesd outscales a more durable chanter in pvp then you are absolutely wrong.
    a dead chanter is worth nothing.

oh yeah and i dont give a shit about the pve part of this since i play this game more for the pvp. obviously pve will be done and i have a sepperate build for this wich is obviously 51pts into bard
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Separate threads for PvP and PvE builds stops confusion and keeps discussion more on track.. Don't be afraid to make new threads.
  10. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I didn't say anything about PvE, I couldn't care less about PvE.

If you want to run around soloing in warfronts feel free, but don't expect heals in tough situations when your healers are OOM and you're using a poorly optimized spec.

the spec I would probably use would look more like

This for survivability

or

This for occasional offensive usage
  11. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Tbh with mana pots giving back 1k+ mana every 2 min i rarely go OOM in warfronts (without even counting my 15% back mana management skill), black garden is an another story but thats the poorest designed warfront afterall.
  12. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

the only thing my build lacks is the 51 pt skill the rest is purely support and survivability built.
    If you honestly think that that 51 point skill is worth more then survivability then thats your thing, but in my oppinion my build is a way better choice for pvp even premades.

in pvp its all about focussing targets down if the target dousnt go down you switch to put as much pressure on the enemy healers as possible.while the 750 mana wont save you there and the survavability could save you.

Also in this game the biggest premade you most likely will be running is 5 boons and 10 randoms or something like that, it will be the same for the defiants. battle's will be over so soon there is no need for regen during combat most of the times.
  13. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I haven't written off the possibility :p

I need more time at 50 actually monitoring performance before I can finally decide, I have an absolute truckload of builds I want to try [IMG]
  14. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

As I have discussed with Mizou and Allstar at least, 12p Infiltrator (for the stun-reduction) is a must-have in PvP as it nullifies most and halves other stuns.

For me, a 51pt bard means I can run an actually good, complimentary spec with three useful souls as opposed to 2 useful one and one completely shitty and useless one for a mana regen skill. Sure, a dead bard is a useless bard, but you have a tonne of survivability already. (I for example can never see when any bard would have the time or need to use the Rift Guard finisher) Clerics benefit even moreso than mages since all healing cleric trees have _shit_ mana regen.

(also, on a sidenote, I'm off visiting my parents to pay my respects at a relatives funeral. I won't be playing until monday, and I'm truly sorry that I've had so much offline time. Please be gentle when you kick me :p)
  15. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

- i never said anything about using riftstalker finishers? 0.0
    - you need to have a certain rank to get higher into the infiltrator tree wich isnt possible for me yet so my setup is best for me currently.
    - take mizou or allstar as your bard then :eek:
  16. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I'm not here chasing you :p The riftstalker finisher was actually in Mizous build.

In regards to infiltrator, I thought we were theorycrafting ^^
  17. Offline

Mizou Community Member

after playing now with corperal (rank2) with the 5 points spent into defense i have to say, nice :) i can break out of silence with the new spell and the passiv ability is just amazing! a must have for 51 bard for sure. didnt try out any other bard so far
  18. Offline

Mizou Community Member

ah well got to the conclusion a bard with the motifs compared with inf 21 + riftblade is just way better to play in any condition, i still havent seen anyone crying about mana. usually i think because they die before they are oom. thinking about reducing the support to only what is needed and get some more usefull skills in
  19. Offline

shibbyy Community Member

I wish we had a private forum for this stuff coz I got some right pro stuff and tips I dont wanna share with the general public. I actually just typed like 5 paragraphs but realised was public and deleted. Should have saved the text but 3am, tired. P.S get private class forums plz!
  20. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

This, I have a couple of really great builds that I'm reluctant to share with the general public