PSN database stolen

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fallanx, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

nice, hackers revenge I suppose after all the anonymous etc.. (Sarcasm ofc, time to see if my dad registered a CC to it or not)
  3. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Does this have anything to do with why PSN hjas been down for the last few days ?

I know Shanto been complaining about extended downtime.
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Yeh it has, they noticed the intrusion on Thursday morning BST and the service was taken down straight away. They've been rebuilding it from the ground up ever since.

Stupid thing is they waited until this afternoon, nearly 6 days later, to tell their customers that their info was stolen!!!!!! :stomp: :angry: :stomp:

Thankfully my CC connected to my PSN expired a month ago and I hadn't got round to changing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

What is PSN and should I be worried?
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Playstation Network. Like Xbox Live but for Playstation.
  8. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

oh my, now i remember why i bought my xbox and decided to pay for a secure online service instead.

(hope i dont get to eat those words some day)
  9. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

you will, you are paying for internet you already have and big chance its nothing more secure than PSN. But aslong as Microsoft isn't gonna grab people by their neck who mod an Xbox because they promised OpenOS would work on it I wouldn't worry much. Sony didn't really handle things very well.
  10. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Sony are looking at a class-action lawsuit over this.

Rumour is that it could be up to $24bn in damages.

Ouch.

11. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

doubt that, if they are any smart at all you probably accepted this shit in their terms of use. The one that nobody reads ^^
  12. Offline

adagio Moderator

Does this cover final fantasy or star wars galaxies mmos that I remember you had to sign up to something to sub?
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i doubt this has anything to do with that, that was the SOE station.

at least i hope not!
  14. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Apparently CC information was encrypted, but passwords and all the other info was stored in plaintext... major fail, how hard is it use use password hashes?
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

It seems the saga continues, the PSN is still unavailable in Europe and now Sony Online Entertainment (EQ2, SWG etc) have suspended all services:

"Dear valued SOE Customers,

We have had to take the SOE service down temporarily. In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immediately. We will provide an update later today (Monday)."

Not looking good for Sony :p

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  16. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

well good thing the hackers only stealing small amount of money from people would suck if they stole big time
  17. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

i think i had a ff11 account :S, am i in trouble?
  18. Offline

Shantotto Guest

LOL.

Serious reply: FF11 is done via Square Enix's Playonline system, not PSN or SOE.
    tldr: no you're not in trouble, except with TEAM AWESOME FOR HAVING A FF11 ACCOUNT.
    HIGH FIVE.
  19. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Yeah but are they linked? everyone knows abour Sony Playstations who knows about SOE station other than gamers hmm
  20. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

looks like i got my answer DC Online was SOE wasn't it? great there my details fags, now to get my slice of that 24billion