Possible transport in GW2 ?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Aspira, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

So anyone thats played GW1 or the GW2 demo will know that you can swift travel around the map using the waypoint system or by using Asura gates. What I am wonndering is not "will there be mounts", as that is a whole other story, but will there be any sort of transport similar to say, the Deeprun tram from WoW to take you around a city, or boats to take you on long journeys etc. etc.

When you see the waypoint system and the Asura gates, you kind of think that such things would not be needed, but there is some Guild Wars 2 concept art that shows that there might be some transport systems other than waypointing and Asura gates.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

So yea, these are all Guild Wars 2 concept art drawings and they seem to show a train, a ship and some sort of flying machine.

It's more than likely that these are just drawings and nothing more, or they might end up as some cool scenery that doesn't do anything, but makes you wonder if there may be something in it, maybe just for fun.
  2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I would give my right arm to be able to ride around the world on a train like that.

Or the space-marine-helmet-copter.

I actually hope they do add mounts, although I think its extremely unlikely as map-travel will pretty much account for all our travel needs once we've discovered all these places.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The helicopter is on Daniel Dociu's website and it is entitled "Charr Chopper".

As you said, waypointing and Asura gates will pretty much cover all your travelling needs, but having mounts and/or modes of travel such as trains/boats/planes/helicopters would be a nice addition, although as you said, highly unlikely.

If nothing else, they are nice pieces of artwork to look at.
  4. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

definitely a plus. i wanna see charr chopper races :D.
  5. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Thing is it would be nice to w8 for train and after u get in traver for some time, talk to other ppl and such but only for 1 maybe 2 times. As we remember from Aion is was really annoying to w8 for flying ship over and over.

But still it would be nice to see something like that in game :)
  6. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

I dont think these will be transports, at most you may interact with these during some event or maybe personal storyline, that is, if they won't just show up parked in some area :)

I would ofc love to have an event where you would ride a train and the objective would be to do something on the train before it reaches the destination! (remember that steven seagal movie?)
  7. Offline

Mizou Community Member

wait what ? u mean in the citys or what ?

@Topic hell i would love all 3 of them just to be ingame and look at them
  8. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

@up ye in Sanctum u have flying ship that u can use to get to the floating island. From there u can enter to SR or Inggison. There are some quests also. After one patch we get teleport to there ;)
  9. Offline

Mizou Community Member

asmos have small platforms in the city but nobody ever used them because u could simply run faster ^^