Portal 2 is out!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tal, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Tal The Architect

Pretty surprised there isn't a thread already, but it's be released..... gogogo!
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Someone buy me it please! :p
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I didn't buy it yet, im afraid I may get disappointed..I'm expecting probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much from the game :p. Waiting for reviews!

PS: Tell me if its good!

EDIT: Read dutch review site (usually pretty strict on games), they gave it a 9.5 out of 10 lol.. and there is a coop mode aswell :> Buying it now
  4. Offline

adagio Moderator

Brought it but got to wait til 7ish to play it. might catch some of you later for some co-op play.
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Played about 45 mins and it feels very familiar. Same humor, same style but it starts pretty dark (not lighting, but feel and style) so far I'm not disappointed.
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Goddamnit I bought the PS3 version (get the steamplay version free) so have to wait until Thursday to play - although led up in bed dying at present, so probably wouldn't be playing today anyway :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

hah Ill try coop when I actually finish the game, have to get used to this again :p (Coop harder puzzles)

btw nice price here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004IEA4PU/

PS: Already playing it, fantastic music and atmosphere man! Puzzles about the same difficulty as Portal 1 so far.
  8. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Been playing for a while now, really enjoying it and the way the game handles is really nice.
    Though I hate when I need to look for a spot to place the portals out in nothing <.<
  9. Offline

Yatch WoW Guild Member

Gotten to chapter 5, absolutely love the game so far, can't wait to give co-op a go.
  10. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Was just gonna play this for 1h, well that didn't work :p
  11. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Indeed the single player is plenty of fun.
    Looking forward to seeing how the co-op things look like so if anyone need a companion give me a poke on TS.
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Gah, got sucked in and ended up finishing it. Had no food, drink or toilet break for 5 hours....

Bloody brilliant story once again, although It was only about 6 hours of gameplay, that's pretty much what the first one was but this has a co-op set-up as well.

Time for bed.
  13. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Completed co-op in one sitting.

Really awesome.
  14. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Sounds a bit easy then! got the last one was brill so will probs get this at some point
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

nah it isn't that easy and it isn't that short, but its just that once you start playing you won't stop kinda thing that does it really. Kinda had to force myself to take breaks so I don't finish it too quick :p.

Been playing 6 hrs yesterday and I'm pretty close on finishing it, I'll make sure to finish it before anyone can spoil the ending :p
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Same difficulty as number 1 tbh but the new mechanics are fun, just a shame the suction vent mechanic never made it in live.
    The story is on par with number 1 but the effects are better.
  17. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Oh I was wondering when I was gonna see that suction vent, oh shame :(
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

Must admit even after all these years the source engine still looks fabulous. Thé underground séquence alone where your in the dark with just the light on rails must have taken months to get right.

Am I still the only person who thinks valve make the best characters in any game?
  19. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

i dont get what its about from screenshots on steam :p
  20. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I think I will pass.