Port Forwarding for Tera

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Honesty, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Honesty Community Member

Hello all. I'm new to the game/forums.

My question(s) is - does the client/patcher use certain ports that aren't common BitTorrent ports that I could possibly forward to have a less laggy/enjoyable experience?

Also that Latency Reducer program - will it work well for Tera? I know it helps people in games like WoW and such.

Any other tips? Thanks in advance!
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You can buy a Korean VPN which is supposed to help, but as far as I am aware, it made latency worse for the guy who tried it.

The ping isn't so bad tbh. :p
  3. Offline

Honesty Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I'm a self-proclaimed Tech "master" (not even close but you know, lol) - so I like to squeeze every bit of juice out of everything I own (technology wise).

Are you playing the game also? I want to get home soon and log into the Sever Rooster/you guys are on. I haven't played Aion in a long time and forget the controls. But I've played many other mmos. Can't. Wait. To. Make. Lolis. Haha~
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I tried a VPN, and it increased my ping by ~100-200ms it was noticeably worse.
    I also tried battleping which is basically the same thing, and again not better.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I am not currently playing, but I played it for a few months a while ago. Just had to stop due to other things poping up.

Back when I used to play, if you PvPed or dueled with the Koreans, it was noticeable that you were suffering from a higher ping, but it wasn't so bad that you could n't do anything. I could easily quest, do instances, farm elites with no problems and even sometimes beat Koreans in duels.
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I'd suggest Battleping reduced my latency from c 400ms to a manageable 112ms :)
  7. Offline

Shantotto Guest

8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

9. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Just a question, does anyone know or did anyone play on US servers for the CPE and what kind of ping they got?
  10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I played the NA CPE and I was getting average pings of 220-250 from the UK
  11. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Ouch, I guess Koreans amazing internet structure makes a massive difference :p