Playable Final Fantasy VII opening built with Unreal Development Kit

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

According to the project’s website, the demo is supposed to showcase real-time 3D environments and free camera control, and as such, doesn’t feature true cinematics, battle, or interaction.
    A video of it in action includes a nice little nod to one of the many persistant rumours of secrets which dogged the game for years; that players who spent long enough in the very first area of the game would have an encounter with Zack. Pity it’s not long enough to pack in a few other treasured myths, like Aeris’s resurrection.
    Square Enix has been cagey on the subject of an official remake of the 1997 RPG, citing the game’s complicated environments as incompatible with current generation graphics development.

2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

What the hell does that mean?
  3. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

yeah, lol.
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

By that they mean, that if they do succeed in recreating FF7 properly they will shut that project down. :p

Hoping they do make some FF7 on the PC someday so I can see why people like it so much, I failed at getting it to work on my PC and I refuse to sit behind a console.
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

They are too lazy. In other words there is no way to convert the old models. They also can't be arsed to make the levels again as it wouldn't be cost effective.