Planned Professions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tvar, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Crafting in RIFT seems a LOT easier than most games, for example AION. It has a system much like WoW (for those who've played that), but afaik, correct me if I'm wrong, you can choose up to three professions. Much like the planned classes people are testing, it would be cool to see if there are people that are sure they will for example level Outfitting (so we know who to bother, send our cloth and pest for bags), Armorsmithing, etc.

So far there are these professions in the game:
    Mining
    Butcher
    Artificer
    Bowyer
    Runecrafter
    Outfitter
    Forager
    Alchemist
    Armorsmith
    Weaponsmith
  2. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Yeh, what you put above seems right. At the moment most creation professions require you to have access to at least 2 gathering professions.

Armorsmith requires Butchery and Mining for example, but Butchery also yields bones and teeth that can then be used by Artificers and so on.

The only profession that I can see so far that only requires only 1 gathering profession is Alchemist - but I haven't leveled it up that far so could be wrong.
  3. Offline

Mizou Community Member

with mizou im going

runecrafting
    foraging
    butchering

and i prolly lvl another toon to 10 to get access to outfitter and apothecary
  4. Offline

dreamlike Community Member

Mining
    Foraging
    Weaponsmith

but im not a superduperuber crafter.....so dont expect too much crafting from me^^
  5. Offline

Ickorus Community Member

Im gonna be going with:

Mining
    Butchering
    Armorsmithing

Im really enjoying the crafting system in this game though im uncertain why, anyways, i'll be able to make chain and plate armor for people if they need it. (Unless I don't have the materials, then you'll have to supply me)
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Do we know if crafted armor/weapons are actually any good ?

Just seems a waste of time to level up crafts that produce nothing but "level up items". Unless you can craft viable endgame PvE or PvP items, is there any point ?
  7. Offline

Mizou Community Member

all the crafted gear is > by far then same lvl quest items

wrong, u need butchering for the teeth and rips
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It always is, but how does it compare to ranked PvP gear, endgame instance loot, world boss loot etc. etc.

In LOTRO, crafted was THE BEST gear you could get no matter if you downed the hardest boss or whatever. However, you needed things from bosses to do the crafts, so you still had to clear content, but the best gear was crafted.

Just wondering if RIFT will be similar, as if endgame crafted weapons/bows/armor is not as good as instance/drops/worldboss/PvP gear, then those crafts are pointless as you only really care about the endgame crafting potential.
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I'm going hardcore Runecrafting for sure. Don't know aobut the other two proffesions but considering Butchering and Outfitting (for bags and runebreaking craftables).
  10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Meh, oh well so yeh you need 2 gathering profs for each craft.

Easy enough though to team up, over the weekend 2 of us had between us Alchemy, Artificer, Armorsmith and the 3 gathering professions to support them.
  11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

im gonna look into the proffessions the next time the beta airs outfitter sounds cool some kinda cloth maker or what? ill start my own cloth line !
  12. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Outfitter is for cloth and leather armor, and also bags. Epic 22 slot bags at the very end game, omnomnom.
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

They better be purple to signify their epicness!
  14. Offline

Lilith Community Member

Well I decided to go Runebreaker/Outfiter/Butcher. Chose outfiter coz its the easiest to support my Runebreaker which is a pain in the ass to lvl.
  15. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I've done equivalent of Runecrafting in other games, used to the mechanics. Still professions in this game are cakewalk compared to other games.
  16. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Atm im looking at apothecary or Outfitting have not decided yet...
    will take 2 gathering proffs to support my choice
  17. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I'm going for the "Chinese gold farmer" profession, and buying everything I need.

..also Apothecary/Foraging/Butchering
  18. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Same as Allstar unless some other profession ends up being a goldmine.
  19. Offline

Ickorus Community Member

If it turns out to be crap at top level I can always respec to something more useful but from what i've seen it'll be okay.
  20. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

If the Artisians mark quests only require you to craft items and not actually go out and kill stuff I think it would be pretty darn good if most people pulled Butchering/Foraging/Mining on their mains and then have crafter alts to craft. One runebreaker is required in every party though for the BOP stuff, but that's about it. Gathering professions are hell if they aren't on your main.