FFXIV: ARR Phase 3 Delayed

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Acina, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Phase 3 reportedly delayed until early June :(

-phase 3 is the phase where they open up all the races/classes/maps etc to play

Big announcement coming on May 20th - release date etc
  2. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Boo :(

Guess they had more negative feedback / things to fix than they expected.
  3. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Tbh they need to change something in the combat. It was really boring. spamming 1-2 skills for 1hr in a instance gets pretty boring
  4. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

yeah I really didn't enjoy the combat in the first beta. dropped this game for goods now.
  5. Offline

Angelo Community Member

was expected really, if they change the combat the game wouldn't be half as bad.
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Phase 3 starts tomorrow (from 9am UK) and apparently they have overhauled the combat system.
  7. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Hmm so it might be worth a try again?
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Should be, they haven't published the scope of this test, but it is the build they showed at E3. It should also be all classes/jobs (except summoner/Arcanist) and the 3 main start cities as well.
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

hmm i uninstalled this :(

how do i get it back! Im lazy..
  10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

11. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Doodle I'll be around from 9am CEST tmw, all data has been wiped so we need to pick a server again.
  12. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Sweet, hopefully they added the monk and changed the combat, I kind of really want to like this game just so it at least can fill a gap til Wildstar :p

Also these are the EU servers?
    Cerberus (EU)
    Moogle (EU)
    Odin (EU)
    Shiva (EU)
  13. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Will probably look at an NA server - there is no latency issue - as those 4 servers will be full of folk that refuse to communicate in English :)
  14. Offline

Angelo Community Member

That's a pretty good point.
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Tbh if I play this on release, it will be jp servers. Shanto used to tell me awesome stories about the jp FF players. Why would you miss out on that.
  16. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

whats wrong with the EU servers?

I had some latency last time :(
  17. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Last time round we were talking to a JP datacentre.

The main issue with the EU servers for me is that they have 4, these will fill up very quickly and folk will end up fragmented. Only way we can know for sure is to check in the morning.
  18. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

19. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

I played 11 on the most hardcore server, and I can tell you that although you get the occasional good story about JP players, the large majority of the ones I met were just plain racist who refused to do anything with you once they found out you were english speaking. If you were in one of the strong english guilds, you were shitlisted from the whole JP community for being comparable to their best guilds.
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

As a Scotsman, they sound like nice people. :p