Phantasy Star Online 2

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Saw this over at MMO Culture and it looks pretty epic if your into Asian games.

I don't know much about it as I literally just stumbled upon it, but here is a video for those interested.

2. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Trust you...
  3. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Sunk god knows how many hours into the first PSO, I've been following the development of this but I can't really see it competeing very well in the PC MMO market, but I think it could enjoy some success as a console release
  4. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Iv seen this video or one similar to this a long time ago on mmosite or some other site like those. It looks pretty interesting, and it has something that i really loved on RF Online, and PSO, which was the mix of fantasy and sci-fi :D ill keep an eye on this! ;)
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Damn right, looks like you can create a mech type character that looks has an art style very similar to the original Transformers cartoon.
  6. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Yeah, the races are essentially humans, space-elves and robots.

Phantasy Star on the Mega Drive is probably one of my favourite RPG series (4 especially).
  7. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

PANTASI STAR ONLAJN, TSU!!
  8. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Wow I'd forgot all about Phantasy Star on the mega drive..... now I remember being COMPLETLY hooked. There was no tinternetz back then and no maps for dungeons so I made them myself....jesus I'm sad..... but what a great game that was :p
  9. Offline

Ceeo Community Member

Had totally forgotten about this series! But I spent countless hours online on the Gamecube version cause it was AWESOME!
    And looks like they're keeping the lobby system too :O

And Aspira, for the fact that you never played PSO:
    [IMG]
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Ceeo - Yea I seem to have massively missed out from what I have seen/read. :(
  11. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I'm usually not into sci-fi but I love it when its mixed with fantasy.
  12. Offline

Jorus Community Member

man i remember playing PSO on the Dreamcast online WAY back in the day, so many hours played lol. I even enjoyed playing the X360 one online for a while.

I'll probably keep an eye on this :p
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Its all about the pastel armor....

[IMG]

Playing the beta at the moment sharing an account with Stateofreality. The game is great, only level 2 and already hooked.

I now know what my MMO will be for this year!!! (if it comes out before ArcheAge that is).

You can ofc make more manly characters, its not all cute characters despite it being Japanese. Here is a pic of one of the randomly generated Mechs you can create...

[IMG]

Got a Gundam feel to it.
  14. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

its a cool online rpg, will be F2P.

I've heard it will be cross plateform with pc and psp, will it be playable on ps3 too with the same plateforms ?

On a side note, Its not a mmo :)
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea I too have heard it is cross platform and the PC version has full 360 controller support already.

Yea its not an a proper MMO, more like an MMO in the same sense that Global Agenda branded themselves as an MMO. There is a ship that everyone idles in when not on mission, but yea, the gameplay is all small number stuff, but it is stupidly fun.

If you like JRPG's then this will be for you.

(play it Fallanx, you know you want to!!! If its cross platform you can play it on PS3 with me while I am on PC!! :))
  16. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

I've heard you will also be able to play it on the PS Vita. I think the idea is that you can play it on multiple types of consoles. Mainly PC, PS3, and PS Vita, and play with your friends no matter what console you are on.
  17. Offline

adagio Moderator

Is it like the old dreamcast version I used to play. God I loved that machine.
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Same style Adagio.

Has the action RPG combat mechanics that TERA has, so you click to attack etc. It's not as good as TERA's to be brutally honest, but I like it for the JRPG feel.
  19. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

It's pretty cool. For me it's like combining FFXIV + TERA into a console type instanced game that you can play with your friends and hang out in.
  20. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

You mean just like SWTOR and everyone idling on the ship :)
    Oh I forgot the massive PvP on Illum!