PC Gaming Is Not Dead

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by F U R I E, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

2. Offline

adagio Moderator

I can't see the website but I take its another promote the pc but not bother getting to the bottom of the problems the pc has?

Problem one is Microsoft. Anyone that has a interest in a rival platform is not going to invest heavily against it. Pc/xbox is a problem for pc gamers as Windows will always be the block tech wise in the fight. If the major pc companies offered a gaming only os, we would lap it up.

Reason two, Intel, NVIDIA and amd make choosing computer parts to complicated. These days you can't buy anything without it
    having 18 random letters after it that will mean nothing to anyone outside nerdsville. Simplify it and open it to the masses. Then pc gaming will be on the right track.
  3. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Nah its not that deep either, probably some promotion of some "innovative" razer product.
  4. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I need a plug-in to my brain to control my PC gaming, that is the next natural upgrade from the Naga mouse, amirite?
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Heh love the V for vendetta reference. Love that movie btw!
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Who knows what it is, It is obviously a publicity stunt, but for the sake of 30 seconds you may as well register your details. (name and e-mail)
  7. Offline

Tal The Architect

Powerglove coming back? I'm calling it.

[IMG]
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

gief
  9. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

Its the pleasure glove i'd be more interested in...

[IMG]
  10. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

I challenge you to a duel!
    [IMG]
  11. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

12. Offline

Tal The Architect

I actually like that. But ouch at the cost.
  13. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

they didn't go with a gloss look, shocker tbh (a good thing). It does look good, just thinking the extra UI is just a gimmick though. This looks 10x better than the Alienware ones. Still, why not fit an SSD in there for that amount of money?
  14. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

i would buy it if i needed something new but replace the hd with an ssd
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I bet u would get 3rd degree burns on ur balls if actually sat this on ur lap while playing.

Looks good but seriously lol at the price.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  16. Offline

Shantotto Guest

It's weird they went with HDD instead of SSD especially given power usage and price tag, like another $100-200 is going to deter the people buying at that price range anyway.
  17. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Not sure how long the battery would last on that thing. I really had my hopes up for this promotion since I'm a huge supporter of PC gaming. Browser/console market has been given enough funding/attention already and they're only working with old hardware or hardly the capacity a desktop has.

The thing looks nice, seems solid but has a disappointing HDD and a price tag that shoots trough the roof. Would have to try it for myself for a few hours before I could get feeling of how much it's actually worth.

One thing that I would like to see come to the market from other providers than Razer or Alienware are those keyboards. The lights and displays are really neat but you're still paying for the name instead of the keyboard.
  18. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I will disown any boon that isn't a millionaire that buys this. First of all, it's 3 kg, which is pretty much the fucking standard weight for a high-end laptop, nothing new/cool at all, and the performance is fucking lackluster for that pricetag. Not to mention there's a fucking LCD screen at the KEYBOARD
    WHO THE EFF WOULD EVER USE THAT? FOR WHAT?!

Sorry, it just makes me fucking _angry_ that razer get away with BS like this.
  19. Offline

Tal The Architect

Get away with what? Designing, manufacturing and advertising their own products?
  20. Offline

Shantotto Guest

You must really hate Apple then.