payment things

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bloodflayer, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Bloodflayer Community Member

I've raised my question to the RIFT support. So for anyone that is curious as me or want to experiment, here is the answer:

Customer By Email

Hello,

Lets say I am European resident. However I can accept the Americas
    whatsoever terms of service ( I agree) and I change my continent to
    America. Then when I make pre-order I can pay with $US, instead of the
    overpriced Euro.

Is this an issue at all?
    Please give me direct answer.
    Thanks!

Subject
    Payment question

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Kevin P.)02/14/2011 11:26 AM
    Hello Victor!

Thank you for contacting us regarding Rift. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue, I realize it's frustrating and I'm happy to assist you in this matter.

The process you are describing would be a submission of fraudulent information, and violates the terms of service you would agree to.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Rift. Your reference number for this question is 110211-000822

Sincerely,

Kevin P.
    Sr. Technical Support Representative
    Trion Worlds Inc.

02/11/2011 09:57 PM
  2. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

I think the payment system is IP based so you will be charge in Euro whatever the resident country you put in.
  3. Offline

Well, I haven't yet proceeded further but it changes already from dollars to euro when I change the locations. So it changes, no idea about the final payment but it should be the amount it is written - USD
  4. Offline

Gekido Community Member

I've noticed that ~a week ago RIFT was available to purchase worldwide in retailers like dlgmaer and d2d, but recently they've region blocked it, and now you cant purchase it via USD currency.
  5. Offline

Any of you guys managed to pay in $ USD instead of EURO within RIFT webpage?
  6. Offline

Tal The Architect

I was wondering what the fuss was about here, the subscription prices are:

$14.99/month -- €12.99/month -- £8.99/month

$15 = £9.25
    $15 = €10.93
    £9 = €10.63

Since I'm in the UK, I don't think I'll bother with the fuss for 25p/month but the Europeans are definitely getting conned a bit here! Over €2/month! [IMG]