Patch Notes - October 1st

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Xelendar, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-October-1st-2012

2. Offline

Karasu Community Member

^ Good news :D
  3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Or bad news... It was in our favour this week :(
  4. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

Btw, any news about a fix for the catapult aoeing rams through the gate thing?
    What I'd have in mind as a suggestion is something simple like decrease catapult aoe radius and/or increase ram maximum range to allow intelligent people to just place rams outside the catapult's aoe radius when it's shooting at the gate. Right now it's only just possible, you have to be dead accurate or your ram will not be in range to hit the gate.
    Another range/radius issue would be if they actually intended keep-to-keep trebbing to be possible - right now you can treb bay from an unreachable position in hills which kind of makes the outer bay walls/doors semi-useless. A little map editing should be able to change that, as the elevation difference makes it impossible to treb back from where you're being hit as well.
  5. Offline

Gekido Community Member

More attention towards mesmers pls... the only class which can shoot through fking walls!!! or give that ability to me NAO aswell!
  6. Offline

Warprophet Community Member

lots of classes can shoot through walls, conal AOE's and skill with blast damage.. wouldnt want to nerf the poor mesmer class anymore there already a super endangered species,

• Profession bundle weapons (engineer kits, elementalist conjure skills, warrior banners) can now save their autoattack status. ( what does this mean???)
  7. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Which weapon can you do that?
  8. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Greatsword at least, with beams through the wall :/
  9. Offline

Feidan Community Member

As far as I know only the beam animation is shown while the mesmer gets Obstructedx3. It was the same with out of range targets and you could see beams miles long.
  10. Offline

Alaraum Veteran BOON

nah it is that phantasm(20sec cd) from greatsword, and beams can not even reach top of walls, so it really sucks to be a mesmer
  11. Offline

Feidan Community Member

You can't summon phantasms on obstructer targets either.
  12. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Trust me it happens, so many times in EB puzzle we camped or were being camped and mesmers were hitting us through the entrance platform.
  13. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Well, this morning i just got downed inside the vault in the BL puzzle with a mesmer outside the closed door shooting beams and illusions, that kept hitting me until i had to mist form out of range and bandage myself.
  14. Offline

Alaraum Veteran BOON

You that do it with this one, through walls, gates, whatever you desire
  15. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Will test today but are you sure the phantasm didn't just follow you?
  16. Offline

Spud Community Member

I knew epidemic would get nerfed sooner or later on its range, was nice while it lasted.
  17. Offline

Alaraum Veteran BOON

They do, but you can summon this one, it will do it`s spin attack, and then it follows if target moves, and do spin attack again in 7 seconds, but usually it is dead by that second spin, so hit 4 and use mind wrack
  18. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

I can confirm the skill #4 (the phantasm mentioned above) for the GS for Mesmers goes through walls and gets to its target. It's one of the things that makes this weapon one of the good ones in WvW for us.
  19. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I know that phantasms and illusions can go through walls but can you summon it on a target that is obstructed?
  20. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

Yes but only this specific one :)