Patch notes 18/9

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Doodle, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Here are the patch notes for today’s game update:
    General
    • Asuran players will now aim toward their targets when using a rifle.
    • Fixed various broken events and skill challenges.
    • Fixed various locations that allowed players to move outside the map.
    • Fixed various locations on maps where players could become stuck.
    • Discovery crafting may now use items directly from a player’s bank.
    • Fixed bugs in the Exploration achievement so players can now receive 100% map completion.
    • Added a system to limit the experience and gold that players can receive from speed-farming dungeons.
    Story
    • Fixed bugs in “A Different Dream,” “A Fragile Peace,” “Dredging Up the Past,” "Forging the Pact,” “Pastkeeper,” “Ships of the Line,” “Stealing Secrets,” “The Priory Assailed,” and “The Source of Orr.”
    • Reduced the overall difficulty in “Dead of Winter.”
    World-versus-World
    • Retaliation: This boon no longer reflects damage received from siege weapons.
    • The Experimental Rifle is no longer usable in World-versus-World.
    Professions
    Warrior
    • Smoldering Arrow: This skill’s casting time has been reduced.
    Mesmer
    • The Prestige: This skill now requires full recharge if it’s interrupted at any time.
    Thief
    • Descent of Shadows: This trait’s effect can now only trigger once every 8 seconds.
    Engineer
    • Rocket Boots: This skill is no longer usable underwater. This is a temporary change until we can figure out why players can launch themselves into the sky using this skill.
    • Detonate Mine Field: This skill is no longer a blast finisher.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-September-17th-2012#post149651

some interesting changes and fixes
  2. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

Rocket boots do that in the water?? why did I not know about this before they patched it :S
  3. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Lawl.. isn't there also a thief skill that has the same effect?
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I shoot myself up in the air out of the water Everytime I can. It's amazing fun :p
  5. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Helps in the puzzles.

Pretty bummed about CoF nerf. Not only did they make it much longer (I believe they added about 5 champion mobs & made it so Magg can die crossing the flames) but they also nerfed the exp and money reward when one runs it multiple times (Someone stated it seems to decrease gold/exp by 50% per run).
  6. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

lol i knew it would come
  7. Offline

Angelo Community Member

But I just don't understand them, they say that they want to remove grinds but now they've made it even worst, not only have they made it harder, they've made it less rewarding. They're nerfing any way to even get gold and it's just becoming annoying, but hey there's always RNG to get you some money.
  8. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Well ppl have too much gold... Gems price upped from 27s to 37s since last week, they're trying to balance the economy.
  9. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Isnt going to work, I can understand them making it harder or cutting the reward, but no they do both, they always over nerf stuff.

It's their fault the economy is like this, first the whole karma thing now its people having too much gold because you have some people who spend hundred and even thousands of dollars on gems to turn into gold (some guy on reddit spend $2,400 so far).
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Oh how the other half live...
    I'm lucky to have over a couple gold a night... These people with 50+g make me wonder why I'm so shit at saving... Then I see my dyes....

CURSE YOU DYES!!!!!
  11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

obiously to make more money
  12. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Which is a shame.
  13. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Actiblizzard are such moneygrabbers :<
  14. Offline

Karasu Community Member

The reason the prices are rising is because the gem -> gold tax is higher
  15. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

Actually, you're looking at this from a single perspective. By the looks of it, time farming in dungeon was more financially rewarding than other activities and generated gold which was pumped into the economy, leading to inflation, which in the end leads to a reduction in gold value compared to gems; item prices would also go up and in the long run you would end up being forced to farm that activity to keep up with the economy, even if you don't want to run dungeons.
    If anything, reducing the average amount of gold earned by players will help to keep gem exchange rate at acceptable levels for players regardless of what activities they're undertaking.
    Yes, on the short term, if you are farming that one activity that generates more income, you will have a temporary advantage, but on the long run it will inflate the price of gems like Gekido said, making gems more powerful a currency than gold. Right now, gold is a very strong currency and if you don't plan on buying gems with real money, you want it to stay that way long-term to keep stuff on the gem store affordable.

My understanding of dungeons in this game is not "a source of income for farmers", but "a challenge for groups who want one in PVE which leads to some show-off set of armors". Imo, gold gain per time spent in dugeon should be the same as gold gain per time spent in the open world/actively fighting in WvW.

LE: why are we even talking about that part of the update? We should be rejoicing at the retaliation fix for WvW..now we can realistically hold objectives against zergs with clever use of arrowcarts.