Paris Syndrome!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katiechops, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I must admit, when we went to Paris, I didn't like it. The city was nice, but the people are horrible. The people in Nice were much nicer people.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yes I am aware of how retarded that sentence reads. :p
  4. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

If this is true... Hilariousness. I found people in france easy to get along with, but my french swearing-vocabulary is impressive, so I must've forced some respect that way. :p
  5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Isn't Fallanx form Paris? lololol mehahahhaha
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Dunno but I remember Fallanx saying he hates people from Paris and he's French himself!!!
  7. Offline

Lana Veteran BOON

Went there a couple of years ago, everyone was like they don't like people who don't speak french, so say thanks/hello, simple stuff in french. I just spoke full english while everyone else looked like a retard trying to speak french, they got treated shitter than me!
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

We went to a pizza shop on the outskirts of Paris and nobody in the shop spoke English, and the three of us didn't speak French. They kept trying to make us leave but we were so hungry we refused to leave. Long story short, they phoned the manager who was on holiday who spoke English and we ordered via him. Took about 45mins though and they all looked pretty pissed off.

Just glad it was an open kitchen so you could see them make the pizza or it would have been spit pizza for sure.
  9. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

I was 14 when I went to Paris during a French Exchange programme through school ... but I think the people were arrogant in Paris compared to else where. Good job I speak french well kinda xD
  10. Offline

sorry but that made me choke on my pizza I laughed so hard
  11. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

The only prevention, never to go to Paris in the first place.
  12. Offline

Peter take me to Paris :3 <3
  13. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

14. Offline

Avez vous une grande saussice pour moi? oui? vava voom :3
  15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Urgh, been to Paris once and the people are fucking rude. I am used to people, usually polish, who don't speak any English trying to buy things at work, and we get there without any rudeness and I help them learn some English at the same time. When I went to France, they just stood there waiting for me to bumble over words in french with no help and got real pissy talking super fast in French and raising their voices etc.
    Never would I go back to that country again unless I had to. I'll stick to the nicer places I've been, like Holland Slovakia, Czech repub, Belgium and ofc English speaking places. Would Def go to Germany as they are apparently very welcoming.
  16. Offline

You not met Rodwen aka Mizou yet then? ... ONLY JOKING RODDY HUN!! (before I get yelled at by him)
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Well if they are as welcoming as they are good at getting rolled each siege in Aion, then they will be very welcoming indeed.

Sorry Rodderz, I had too. ;)
  18. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

The article is from 20 December 2006

Paris is the most vistited city in the world, there will obviously be quite a few disapointed people.

Anyway, I left Paris whitout regret as people living in big cities are generally speaking unbalanced human beings. I had the same feeling in London; this is not a language or culture thing, this is related to a stressfull environment.
    Regarding the language thing, if you go in a foreign country don't expect people to speak english or learn english because you do; its the other way around.
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I agree with the learning the language, It's the patience they don't have. Every other country I've been to I've got by on next to no knowledge by pointing, using broken words etc, trying to make myself clear despite the barrier. The French were the only ones to offer no assistance to communicate and started getting very rude. Considering such a huge population of France speak very good English, it's pure malice to avoid using it just to prove a point. And only the French have done that to me.
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Oh I know. I am not complaining about that. The pizza experience was funny because none of us spoke French, but like, people in Paris even when you try to ask for directions etc. and you try to speak in broken French, they are just complete assholes.

I expect it is the same in a lot of major cities, but we went to a few big cities as we drove round Europe and Paris was definitely the most unfriendly. Maybe it is because it is so popular the local just get fed up with the same questions from tourists.