Ore distribution changes

Discussion in 'Old Gits Gaming' started by Fizzee, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

So my general rule of strip mining at y=12 to get diamond but no lava seems to be less effective in 1.8+
    turns out notch and crew have nerfed ore

[IMG]

Looks like it's best to dig to just above bedrock and carry some cobble to avoid lava death.
  2. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

You will without doubt always carry some cobble, and with the new change you should see the lava leaking trough I belive.

Still I've always mined slightly over bedrock and if you keep your distance you should never die :p
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Doesn't seem too bad a change. Just need to drop your mines down from 12 to 10.
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

At 12 you are certain to be at least 2 blocks above lava, it allows long strip mines without ever ending up in a lava pool having to try find a diversion or build a tunnel through it.
    This change not only lowers the amount of diamond in the map substantially but makes getting it far more risky. Dont forget that until 1.9 you cannot survive even touching lava for a second as you cant just eat to heal.

It's a change which for solo play is fine because all diamonds are your own, but with a group initiative you can expect far less diamonds per head.

Whether the rarity is good or bad though is debatable depending on how difficult you like the game.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Just means no more diamond armor.

Just use it for picks and swords and you will be fine. We got plenty of diamond on our server, so it will be nice to see it made a bit more tricky tbh.