Orange San Francisco phone UK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by corum, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Offline

corum Community Member

Need a cheap android phone on PAYG for my mother.
    Was thinking either Orange San Francisco (rebadged ZTE Blade), Galaxy Mini or LG GT540.
    I think I've narrowed it down to the Orange one due to the capacitive screen and more recent OS than the others but I've heard there are some Wi-Fi issues with it.
    Has anyone got one? Any good ?
  2. Offline

corum Community Member

...or maybe an old HTC Wildfire ? Can get for same price as the Orange.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I have an HTC Desire and the Wildfire is basically a lower spec version of the Desire. The Desire is pretty epic so I imagine the Wildfire will be okay for your mother since I doubt she will be doing anything too complicated from her phone that would require a Desire.
  4. Offline

corum Community Member

Ye I got a Desire too which I like so I spose a cut-down version (aka Wildfire) would be a safe bet.
  5. Offline

Miyo Community Member

i`ve got a gt540 (custom rom ofcoz etc) and its pretty good. but its damn big and heavy tbh... and this screen :(... wildfire sucks, had it in my hands and... god, it sucks, its slow and this resolution... cmon what a crap... btw i heard zte blade has some issues with battery...

take a look at sony xperia x8, its pretty nice for simply stuff like calling or sending msgs and you dont have to change rom in it :p...