Optimization and performance

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by starscreamer, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Offline

starscreamer Community Member

2. Offline

Xtranerf Veteran BOON

3. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

4. Offline

Xtranerf Veteran BOON

Not really, but I'm going to install it and test it in the stress test that is in 1 hour. I'll write in this thread after the stress test.
  5. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

thank you good guy xtranerf! :D
  6. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I installed these drivers and my FPS average went from 80 to 60 on High, its weird.
  7. Offline

Xtranerf Veteran BOON

Overall fps went up from 30-40 to 55-65 with about 65% usage of my graphics card in the pve world but in WvW as soon as there are 10+ ppl the game stops using my graphics card (it goes down to 16% usage) and seems to only want to use my cpu. :(
  8. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

You should only use the official (beta) drivers tbh.
  9. Offline

Xtranerf Veteran BOON

True you should be careful with playing around with beta drivers especially unoffical beta drivers, however I'm going to use this driver till an offical WHQL driver is released since it is the best driver for me so far. If Anet can't fix gpu usage in larger fights all I can do is to upgrade cpu and mobo but I rather wait for Haswell then buying Ivy Bridge and then upgrading again in Q2 next year. Mabye if I play on my 17" screen instead of my 24" it will be better :D
  10. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

The main issue right now seems to be with character models loading up the CPU a lot more than the GPU. Regardless of where you are, if you only have a couple characters on screen you'll get 20-30 fps more. Now if only they could teach the game to use lots of threads properly, that wouldn't be such a problem for, say, an "old" i7 920 :s
  11. Offline

are there drivers for ATI??
  12. Offline

Dextix Community Member

I've looked it over and a lot suggest the 12.7 beta driver and not 12.8.
  13. Offline