Op/Smug nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Hsulf, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

As long as BW don't nerf my shitty 2.5k - 4k crits I'm happy..... sustain > burst!

Screenshot_2012-01-22_22_21_34_670656.jpg
  2. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

OH MY GOD

you still havn't found the open world pvp location in tatooine?
  3. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Haha I was wandering if anyone would notice that :O
  4. Offline

Tent Community Member

OH MY GOD you slacked on guard medals (aww no goo?) and only got 8 medals!
  5. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

enemy team were too weak, no damage to guard :(
  6. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Where's the poison pit... ... ...
  7. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Poop on your party, only doable to do that amount of dmg if the enemy sucks enough for you to just keep going and being in combat almost 24/7, and perhaps even the aid of a pocket healer, then add AOE and voila. :p

Although I haven't seen anyone do over HALF A MILLION dmg in a WZ since beta yet, and that was 50s vs lowbies ^^
  8. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

It's already doable on a level 35 Sniper :p
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

SS or didn't happen.
  10. Offline

Jasra Community Member

my best is around 460k. pyro ftw
  11. Offline

Bluff Community Member

i only got close to these numbers when i was testing focus tree in full 15 min voidstar match (i had a pocket healer ofc), was fun doing 4-6k aoe dmg to groups of imps around the doors or near the columns.

in a serious note tho, lots of complains at Operatives while some other classes got everything, i am lvling a commando atm (mirror of Bounty Hunter) and it is just waaaaay too easy:
    i stand at the back-line DPS DPS ops here is a team mate low on health Heal Heal, melee on me > bomb him away, ranged on me shield my self, break los and self heal, all that while i save my stuns to throw them at a healer to rupt him!!!! waaay easy and fun to play ranged. However, i still enjoy my senti and play it lot more than my commando
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

It's a really ott nerf. Yes our burst is high, but our survivability and sustained DPS is lacking. Once that first few hits are over, the tides shift completely to the enemy.

They needed to nerf the burst, but give us some method of staying alive better.

Saying that, a hybrid spec has good survivability (heals) and a lower but sustained DPS for 1v1s just useless for PvE without some sustained decent DPS.

I think TOR is going to follow WoWs example of breaking PvE balance because of PvP whiners.
  13. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Revz: "Don't worry Poodle, I will still rape after the nerf as well." - QFT. But I find the qq'ing very entertaining.
  14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I agree, the nerf won't affect me at all. I can kill perfectly well in hybrid, but it's more a "QQ" at the fact that bioware's throwing a huge nerfbat at us without addressing other classes nor giving us an alternative pure DPS. If we don't have burst and AP for PvE we are left with a sub par damage to survival ratio compared with EVERY other class.

Good players will find a way to win regardless of how badly the class gets gimped. Doesn't mean it's right to get gimped in the first place.

Still the best class to play IMHO. Rogue is best style, healing is the best role, OPerative is most fun to PvP with I reckon.
  15. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Cant address all classes at once, that would mean a complete overhaul, this takes time, they want the nerf implemented now, not in a month or five. I'm betting they will continue modding all classes, ops aren't the only ones, which I know you didn't think as well.
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Ofc, but if you nerf a class the amount they did (20% on our main opener which now fills resolve) they have to give an alternative. Atm its not just an ott nerf, it completely guts the class for the average player. Like I said before, good players like we have will cope. Sure we will have to work harder despite some classes 111211141112 rotation but we will cope, however the average (read, bad) player will get fed up quickly and reroll either merc for DPS or Sorc for heals.

Either way, it's the way bioware have decided to "fix" the game so just have to roll with it until they get around to "fixing" every other class except snipers who need more love in the survivability area. Poor sods are fodder.
  17. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

By "some classes´" and their rotation you mean turret/tracer fags right? Who cares if noob #9325 random joe rerolls sorc or merc anyway? If anything he'll get to 50 again with no gear and get raped in Huttball again. More medals plx, I hope there'll be plenty of rerollers.
  18. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

correct, this is beyond a nerf. i would accept it completley, if there had been proper tests behind it to back up the numbers. now, tell me, where do the numbers come from that justify this nerf? it sure as hell isnt from the test server where you cant even make a lvl 50 char. they waited exactly 3 days after the new patch and lvl 50 brackets before announcing this nerf. what kind of data do you have after 3 days of lvl 50 brackets? the problem was always buff stacking, and this problem will remain. the damage is good now, but its not over the top, especially when hitting people that do actually have expertise gear.

yes, Ops were running around 2 shotting lowbies in shit gear, but then again, which lvl 50 geared class didnt? and for those that are overjoyed about this nerf, how long do you think it will take before your sorc or merc is next? or even marauders who just now seem to be figuiring the class out. before this there were only a handful that did sick damage, now most of them are runining around raping ppl with their spikedmg.
    remains to be seen how this effects PvE, and i will still play the class and specc. need to test everything out after nerf, but at first glance, they overdid it with the nerf.

MAD?! :)
  19. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

I personally think the nerf is not needed.

What do people expect from dps ops perspective, squishiest class in the game highest burst and stealth.

Dps is working as intended. It's sorcs who moan about them as they are their counter.... Funny that.

The ops will still be good. Just the first on the nerf train unfortunately. High dps classes always are.
  20. Offline

Rev Veteran BOON

yeah, main problem is that we dont really have anythingelse like you say :). im not to fussed. stuff will work itself out eventually. good players will adapt and still do good, bad players will reroll sorcs.