On BE / O2 broadband?

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Tal, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Offline

Tal The Architect

2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Sky Broadband are actually quite good. Granted their customer support isn't as good as O2 or BE but hey at least it is still based in the UK (Glasgow).
  4. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

The lack of proper ISPs offers in UK is quite depressing. Less than 100Mb with fiber optic is third country stuff.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Welcome to hell.

My advice, switch company before you become a Sky customer. They are pathetically incompetent, Saul will back me up on this.
  6. Offline

srENGINEER Community Member

I have 500kb/sec download rate on a good day :(
  7. Offline

Mattfs Community Member

We're on sky atm, but switching on monday, going from 300kb/s to 40mb/s for the same price
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Anyone have any experience with BT infinity 2?
    Can get that (predicted 68Mb down 20 up) for £6 more than Be (14 down 1.6 up)
    3 months at same price, and £50 sainsburys voucher
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Do it... do it now!
  10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Yep have Infinity 2 atm, and I can say that it is flawless 20mb upsteam is silly (500mb youtube uploads happen before you manage to set the title etc).
  11. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

cheers guys. Ordered. now just need to wait for engineer at end of month.
  12. Offline

Tal The Architect

Btw, funnily enough I'm on Sky Fibre and have had no issues. Mainly because it's just BT infinity repackaged (and on BT's network).

I reckon most of the issues are down to the crappy router they provide, I'm using a Billion 7800N instead which is an awesome bit of kit, especially since they released a firmware update specifically to allow me to swap out the Sky router. You'll have to check router compatibility to swap the BT homehub/standard router as it seems to be a little tricky (at least that was the case for Sky but they may have different settings).
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I envy you. I had to descend through the circles of hell when I was with Sky.
  14. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Stuck with sky as I'm in a student house and someone decided it was the best... I get ping problems all the time, and it goes down for a few hours on some days, then customer service was useless when I rang.
  15. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Just waiting til the end of march to update to bt infinity 2. Used to be on bt infinity 1 in my previous flat, was pretty good, although the throttling on torrents between 4pm and midnight means 1kb/s.
  16. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I've not noticed any throttling since switching to Infinity2, granted I was previously a Virgin Media customer and got used to not being able to use the internet between 7pm and 11pm. As far as I am aware Infinity2 isn't capped or throttled.
  17. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

25Mbit ftl
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

It is, doubt its as much as selenus says, but they actually state they throttle, but nothing a basic vpn can't solve :p
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Set up a little server to download from midnight till 4pm each day. That's what I do as I am a BT customer too.

Although I need to spend some time sorting mine out, been neglecting it.
  20. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Oh that's well handy then, it used to be a nightmare. And I really mean 1kb/s, not even 30 kb/s or anything, and I never bothered with a vpn :<