(Nvidia) Turning on AA/AF

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Alaisy, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Thank you, most helpful this. :)
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Alternatively......

1. Open PC and locate giant overpriced overheating component with Nvidia stamped on it.
    2. Remove and replace with ATI card that's faster for less money and not the same temperature as the sun.
    3. Open CCC (Catalyst control center) and go to "Gaming Options".
    4. Select AA and choose "Force AA".
    5. Move sliders to whatever setting you want.
    6. Do the same for AF if you wish.
    7. /flex. :p
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Or just not be biased and go for the best price/quality card for you at that moment, or pick the brand which is optimized for the game you play most.
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Considering most games are made with Nvidia optimised first (and then hopefully optimised for ATI afterwards) I know which i by all the time, look at the recent problems with an ATI CCC iteration :p
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Had several ATI cards and several Nvidia.

Nvidia cards run hotter and use more juice, they also seem to be more prone to dying in my experience.

Every ATI card I have replaced when I need an upgrade, every Nvidia card I've replaced because it's died on me or started to be less reliable.

Could just be bad luck but I think I'm going to stick to ATI from now on.
  8. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

What?! I'm quite neutral really, went from 3DFX Voodoo to 3DFX 2 x Voodoo 2's to some Hercules 3d Prophet to Nvidia MX400 to Nvidia FX5600 to Nvidia 6800LE to ATI 1900XTX to (2x) ATI 4870 to Nvidia GTX470. So 3 x 3DFX, 4 x Nvidia, 3 x ATI

Actually looking at it now my latest upgrade is the smallest upgrade I've ever made, nearly a downgrade :p. The most noticable upgrade I ever made was my SLI Voodoo 2 setup, made games go from shit to amazing. Seriously though, this time around I'll hold onto my card a little longer before buying a new one although most of my cards I've been able to sell to other people or give away to brother/nephew.

The only card that ever died on me was my Hercules 3d Prophet card , which I have no idea wether it was an ATI or Nvidia...thinking Hercules 3D Prophet 4500 64MB

EDIT: ow it was some sort of Kyro II whatever :p. At its time apparently a competitor for the Geforce 2.