Nokia N8 vs HTC Desire HD vs Samsung Galaxy S

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F U R I E, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

So, ive been thinking of changing phone for a while and i kinda got stuck between those 3 (Nokia N8, HTC Desire HD and Samsung Galaxy S).
    Any of you actually own one of them and can write a short review?:p
  2. Offline

Tal The Architect

Get an iPhone. Oh yeah I went there.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I have an HTC Desire HD

It's epic, go buy one now....... short enough review for you ? :)
  4. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Wait for the new Nexus S phone (probably made by Samsung)

Android phones with branded OS are kind of meh...
    IPhone is juicy but pricey :)

Nokia is a 199x phone :p

Or you can also wait for some new Windows Phone :) they look pretty good too! :)

www.engadget.com is your friend on this matter!

--edit--
    I look like a 12 year old writting posts with all these fucking yellow smileys!
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

HTC all the way.

6. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Quite a few mates and my sis have iPhone 4, while its quite obviously better than 3G/3GS, am not really sure if its worth the extra ££
  7. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

Nice video above :)

I was looking at phones today as well, cause I'd like to change my now old Nokia E71.

Although the iPhone is attractive, if you care about what it is inside or about getting quality for money, you'd buy something else.

In terms of future development, it appears Nokia is not an option anymore, because they fail at OS'es.

I think that my next smartphone will be an HTC with Android.
  8. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Once a phone can replace my gaming rig I may spend more then 50 euro's on it, as for now im fine with it just being able to call and receive calls :p. Besides I think all these phones require contracts, I only use pre-paid :/.

And if anyone tells me im living in the dark ages, maybe they're right but whats the point of a phone like that while you're behind the PC nearly all day unless you're working at a hospital where you cant have it turned on anyway.
  9. Offline

My work PC doesn't have stick wars!
  10. Offline

Wonsie Veteran BOON

Get an Iphone 4 :p
    you will not regret it. But of the 3 mobiles you said you should get the HTC Desire HD. Worst choice would be the Nokia N8, read it was alot of errors on it.
  11. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Ok getting the HTC, thanks everyone for the tips :p
  12. Offline

corum Community Member

Dark ages ftw.
    I still use my 6 yr old old Motorola RAZR - battery lasts forever, solid as a rock, someone calls me I open it and talk to them then I shut it afterwards (omg it's a mobile telephone used as a telephone).
    If I want to browse the web I use my pc at work or pc at home.
    If I get lost I ask someone for directions.
    If I want the time I look at my watch and I don't care what time it is in Bejing.
    If I want to listen to music I use an old HDD ipod.
    If I want to watch a vid or play a game on the train I use my PSP because the battery lasts ages or i'll just read the ***** newspaper.

Oh wow I could use facebook and twitter and download apps that are cooool but which I'll never use after the first day on a shiny smartfone - well **** that.

Convergence devices can **** off until they sort out batteries that can handle it.
    I tried a HTC legend, sent it back 2 weeks later as the only legendary thing about it was how many times I had to recharge that piece of ****.
    iPhone haha - a triumph of marketing over sense.

Luddites unite, resist the shinies :)
  13. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I've still got my Motorola RAZR aswell, atleast Im not the only one then :p
  14. Offline

old farts.
  15. Offline

corum Community Member

Ye I know, grumpy old b****ds are we.
    Every time I see some numpty on the train mucking about on their new snazzy phone like it's the best thing in their life I really wish I had one of those mobile phone jammers.

..jeez, just had an engineer upgrade me to fibre optic - 37meg now, at least my internet cxn isn't dark ages any more.
  16. Offline

about time :p

Thing with the modern age of phones is that its not just text/calls that people use to communicate any more, you have social network sites and e-mails that a lot of people communicate with rather than text/calls. Having internet 'on the go' is also very funky especially at pub quizzes!