sPvP No one has permission to use the BOON tag in SPvP

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Katiechops, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Until your SPvP team has proven is credentials as being a serious, organised SPvP team that knows wtf its doing you do not have permission to SPvP using the BOON tag.

If you wish to use the guild tag for SPvP for your team you need specific permission from Katiechops/Hsulf.

This goes for random Guild members too, I will make a PvP guild called SCRUBS for everyone to train / learn or just not give a shit in under another name to avoid embarassing the guild.

Chops
  2. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

So if I get this straight, we just don't represent when going for spvp but can still be in the guild representing when not spvping?
  3. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Kind of.. In order to keep up the guild reputation you should be aware of your actions while representing BOON (this includes forums, not only in-game). Especially since sPvP is so competitive you should not play with the BOON tag under your name unless KC recognizes your skill and responsibility.

I'll try to remember for next event!
  4. Offline

Necrionet Community Member

In Gw2 you can be part of as many guild as you want, but only represent one, so probably each team will create a separate guild for spvp and put out that guild tag during fight. You can simply change tag again when you finish spvp events. It reminds me of Gw1 times, when you needed to create a"smurf" guild in order to try new tactics and build and dont loose ladder points if that build suck.
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

It's pretty much this tbh. For the time being we want people to practice and work as teams in sPvP, but while you are practicing we'd prefer it if the Guild name not be sullied :D
  6. Offline

spell Community Member

Is it for solo sPvP as well or only for tournament games in full group?
  7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I would assume that's for solo too.
  8. Offline

Necrionet Community Member

I dont want to bother anyone, but dont let guild members use boon's tag even in solo spvp isn't a little too much? I mean, someone could embarass the guild even in WvW then if he go around alone and get killed, dont you think? Is just a thought anyway, i will follow ofc the guild rules.
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Fizze just answered that out of the blue

i would ask an officer or the guildmaster
  10. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Kc may clarify this one further, however in solo pvp if you know you suck at a class, only played it once and now you ain't gonna be looking good then don't wear tag.

If you know you can play a class to a standard you'd be happy to represent the guild in then represent.

There will be two guilds for this purpose in spvp that kc will make, just a practice guild for spvp. You can represent more than 1 guild in the guild tab so it takes 2 seconds to swap back and fourth.

If you're a competent player in SOLO pvp then keep the tag. If you're not (yet) don't represent till you're ready.

Most of us will be competant after the betas so this won't be a problem anyway. Then it's just tournies.
  11. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Keep things on track please!
  12. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

If peole are just going into random matches solo its np, no one notices ppl in those matchesm when ppl meet 5 BOONs they expect a premade and judge the guild by it and after some the the matches I have been part of I'd rather ppl go and learn to SPvP properly before tagging up, as has been said use a smurf guild and once your ready to SPvP seriously tag up
  13. Offline

Bluff Community Member

that is what i have been doing all previous betas, i only joined WvWvW once to see how it works, rest of the time spamming matches with different classes/builds.
  14. Offline

Spud Community Member

I like the smurf guild name idea, while i am a great team player and like to assume a support role i am not a glory hunter, so therfore suck in 1v1's for example, i am more than happy to drop the Boon tag while i learn my stuff.
  15. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I'll make the NOOB guild this evening during the stresstest.
  16. Offline

Jame Community Member

There will be a stress test tonight? Woot. What time?