Nice video to watch if your bored!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Lana, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Lana Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Just WOW! I wish the game would be so dynamic ;<
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Well, I wish every game was that dynamic. I would also never play another game again :)
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

The Hype in the OP cannot handle the truth:

5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I could see that coming from a mile away Shant, it was simply a matter of time!
  6. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I'm betting Shanto's gonna get to eat all of this hate, force-feed style, when he gets hooked - much like the hype about RIFT that was oh-so cool but turned out to be a piece of garbage. :p
  7. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

well, i know for a fact that gameplay videos can only show you so much... maybe SW:tor gameplay will be slow-paced etc, but i'm hoping otherwise... we'll see... In the end, its about the people that record the videos to show off more or less movement, so i dunno...
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Without being a troll, I do not see why people think this trailer is so good.

It's not as good as previous SWTOR videos and compared to other games, its not as good either. It's okay... but previous videos were better in my opinion.
  9. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I always thought that Blizzard made the best CGI out there for their games, but there's been a lot of recent games that could rival it or were equally good. SW:TOR's is probably on the same level.

However that doesn't mean it shows anything about the game of course, some of the best CGI comes from the most unsuccessful games.

Does it sell? Yes, yes it does. So why not?
  10. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Well tbh i cant care less about CGI trailers, they can be the best ever made but if the game itself lacks depth there's nothing they can do.
    You can say that the gameplay shown so far seems to be dull because of the player himself, but there is a reason why all of them have that same playstyle. And it's not like they are random "noobs" picked from god knows where, they are the same developers that made the damn game and they are probably the ones that know best how to play it.
    SWTOR's gameplay seems to be based on ranged attacks which is totally understandable in a sci-fi universe where every combat scene has several laser gunshots crossing the screen. So no surprise if most of the mobs and player controlled classes are equipped with ranged attacks.
    The problem raises when you add the fact that there's no active dodging projectile system or ground targeted defensive spells, you cant really blame them for standing still and pew pew from far away and let the RNG do the work=dodge for them.
    You can move around as much as you want, but what's the point of doing it if there's no reward in it? I dont think ive seen a single not scripted jump or rolling in a combat yet, im not even sure they are implemented.
    A gameplay like this was fine 6 years ago, but with games like TERA or GW2 around the corner with a more dynamic combat system, i cant help but feeling disappointed.
  11. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Well, i didn't say i was happy with what i saw in the gameplay vids, i'm definitely not, and i agree that this gameplay looks very slow and still, but like i said, maybe its a case of bad marketing, since the vids i saw earlier on with pvp etc, seemed much more active than that... all this to say that i still have hope for SW:TOR... not that much hope, since the game is not out yet, and i'm afraid that something better will come out meanwhile, but still...
  12. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Hey fuck you :D I posted and I quote that rift was "ass shit" during beta.

And yet I ignored myself hoping endgame would be good :p
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I remember you saying that Realm of the Fae was the most graphically and mechanically mind blowing instance you have ever encountered in MMO gaming. :eek:

Tbh, I dunno if I can even joke given how bad it was, lol.
  14. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

the snow section was pretty awesome tbh, as for starwars, buy, play, decide... everythign is else is speculation.
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

That video is taken out of context (as is pretty much everything you guys write about this game) that is Daniel Ericsson playing at e3 he is killing him self to show how the self ress ability works. If you want to take cover and shoot lasers, there is 2 classes that does that the Bh is a tank in armor and is short ranged. Specially the advanced tree he is playing there
  16. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

I was actually referring to this and

this from the 8th minute mark.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hmm, why is he so bad at their own game ?
  18. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Agree with much that you say here Furie, although I think its a trend that gamers like us are getting more and more, or even too picky. Having tried Tera's "oh so new and innovative" gameplay I can safely say I'm not that impressed. I don't want the same generic WoW-clone with lightsabers where you just plant your feet and let the game solve the rest, but at the same time there's no need to re-invent the wheel or "fix it if it's not broken". After all, the companies are out to make good games that sell (money), not ONLY to take it to some obscure next level of design just for the hell of it, or because its a must kind of trend, if you know what I'm saying.

This is not a defense speech for SWTOR though. I'm pretty sceptic as well, as you might know.
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Really ? I would never have guessed..... :p
  20. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Don't get me wrong though, I'll probably preorder it, play it to the bone, tweak shit to the max, like we do it. And then we'll see if we'll get dissappointed at the end game or not. Don't think this game is worth investing too much into, or well I've already decided I'm not gonna above the normal. If this was DMO on the other hand... ;) (still a fanboi)