News from Gamescom?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Xelendar, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Source

HeroYouFear of ptrealms.com forums and teamquitter.com published his findings from gamescom today, which revealed a few interesting tidbits that they described as written below -
    1. The accounts will have a system authenticator (digital and possibly physical) similar to WoW – official information will come out next week.
    2. In case of account hacking the account may be restored to their prior state before the intrusion.
    3. There will be live in-game support (similar to WoW) through tool that we already use to report BUGS, we will be able to contact a GM in real time.
    4. The end-game is not 100% completed , there is much work to do, but ANET is not expecting the the end-game to be reachable quickly, they are now focused on the release, if all goes well they will move on to work at 100% in the endgame (DiabloIII nostalgia??).
    PS – They are aware of the disaster of Diablo with the end-game and ensured that will not happen to GW2 . After the release team will jump all just work in end-game.
    5. Alternative methods of PvP are being explored, GvG is confirmed to return to GW2 , but said they could not disclose much more.
    6. New merchandise will be launched on 28/08/2012, including Dragon T-Shirts.
    Fun facts:
    All 270 workers from NCSOFT who are working on GW2 will be online in head-start, including those in Europe and Asia, just in case.
    Well as I just drive 3 hours and have slept very badly, there are things that probably do not remember, I'll post pictures later with the people of ANET and GW booth.
    The community manager for the French territory speaks Portuguese because her grandparents are living in Algarve.
    NCSOFT launched a new sound-track of GW2 during the event (the first all-the-time containing lyrics).
    Hopefully there will be some more information coming this week on a few of these things, but the fact that ArenaNet is considering GvG should make a lot of people happy.
  2. Offline

Xtranerf Veteran BOON

Saw that post on guru, point nr 4 is gonna make it spread like wildfire on internet. Since it's translated with google from portuguese to english I take it with a nip of salt as a reliable source tbh. But we will notice tuesday next week as ppl start to get to lvl 80.
  3. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Epic.
  4. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

No translation was made on the post... lol.
    The source is guildwarsinsider.com but since gaming websites are locked here on my work, i have to use GT to reach them, but i'm not translating them ;)
  5. Offline

Xtranerf Veteran BOON

Well the source is from http://forum.ptrealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=581 and was translated to english with google, so it could just be a language barrier thing that made the author missinterpit what was said at Gamescom, that why I take the source with a nip of salt. Didn't mean that you translated it :)
  6. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

And what if it was no translation error?
    Eitherway I am 100% sure we will not experience any major blocking issue when playing the game.
  7. Offline

Xtranerf Veteran BOON

Then the official forums will burn with angry gamers if there is not alot of endgame.
    But I belive as you that it will be alright.

Also, GvG is that like you can have guild fights on a map?
  8. Offline

Xtranerf Veteran BOON

9. Offline

Faelan NCSoft Community Manager

Sorry Folks, this is all pretty inaccurate information.

Yes there will be a GM team when we go live, but the rest is either totally wrong or based of partially true information.
  10. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

thx Faelan, i saw the replies from Colin at gw2guru too.
  11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

He trolls them too legend
  12. Offline

Warprophet Community Member

the picture on the same thread was awesome

[IMG]
  13. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Leak or no leak? Wikileaks? Anetleaks? :ninja:
  14. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Also...

"See you in game on Thursday!
    -Colin"

/shhhhhh :ninja:
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

/thread
  16. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

I know, i wasn't trying to start a wildfire... QQ :(
  17. Offline

Karasu Community Member

1. Authenticators were confirmed last year, but I didn't think they were ready yet.
    2. Yup.. the system was implemented into GW last year as a test
    3. The in-game GM thing surprises me a bit. I didn't know they had the manpower - probably going to be a service from NCSoft rather than ANet?
    4. As for future content they have stated many times that adding DE anywhere works fine. They are able to add new content to all areas of the game easily b/c of the structure, not just the endgame.
    5. GvG? Nah. They've always said they wouldn't do it and the foefire map is as close as you'll get for now. Probably got a lot more work on finishing sPvP 5v5 for eSports before they add major new features. I wouldn't be surprised by variations of the current format though.

Everyone will probably be ready at the offices for release, but rather than playing they'll have to fix all the bugs and monitor everything before sitting down to play.
  18. Offline

Menru Veteran BOON

wuhuu...
  19. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Link? as I remember talk of added security but no specific talk of an authenticator.
  20. Offline

Karasu Community Member

When I was at Gamescom last year Vasco (creates physical authenticators) had a stand there. Not many people noticed but one of their slides clearly had ANet's logo on it.

http://www.guildmag.com/wp-content/uploads/Vasco-Account-Security.jpg

Never any response from ANet related to these authenticators though.

Plus it's slightly related to the API's I'm so looking forward to.