newbie night?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by adagio, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Was thinking maybe we should have a newbie night where anyone whos interested in the game but has never played or just new can come on the server and ask questions on ts.

Must be a few ppl in boon who always wanted to try it but thought it looked shit and not worth they're time. Let me know what you think.
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I dont think you want me on your server. i hate building but i do love blowing stuff up

and i heard there is TNT in minecraft
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Sounds like a good idea. Would love to see more ppl trying it out.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  4. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

BOON is looking for active builders to finish trade district!
  5. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Since I'm not whitelisted anymore and I would like to try the Tekkit multiplayer mod I'd be interested! =P
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I know, we had a couple of Polish builders doing it, but they left the job incomplete and have never been back since.

7. Offline

adagio Moderator

The whitelist hasn't changed, but it you put your name down we will add you.
  8. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

bloody typical.
  9. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Karasuni
    is my Minecraft IGN

I was still trying to connect to mc.booncontrol.com:28765

Now I installed tekkit trough your guide but it gives the not-whitelisted error.
  10. Offline

adagio Moderator

Ok I will get you added to the whitelist as soon as I get home from work.
  11. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I might be interested in a newbie night sometime when things settle down. Been considering giving Minecraft a go.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You should give it a bash Xom.

13. Offline

adagio Moderator

Xom I'm sure Pauleh could tell you about the game from a novice point of view. It's basically lego with your mates who come up with ideas like let's build the red dwarf ship 1:1. Then realise it will take 3 years so instead blow square mud huts up with tnt.
  14. Offline

Pauleh Veteran BOON

tis pretty fun and extremely time consuming, im trying to build a hotel and i've had to take apart the floor a few times cause it gets to the point where im like "oh crap that wont work" *smash* and use different blocks.

gonna be great when i get it finished tho cant wait for the sense of satisfaction :p
  15. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

beware aspira's nuclear reactor meltdown tho
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

This has me very concerned tbh. I'm going to be building a new house several miles away until we can be certain that it's stable.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

In the spirit of optimism, I shall be naming my nuclear power plant, "Fukushima Daiichi".
  18. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Hah! Well for now I got myself Civ V from Steam's sale this weekend, so guess I've got a timesink at least for a little while. Will let you guys know! Cheers!
  19. Offline

adagio Moderator

Looks like omni beat you to first meltdown :)
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

So I heard, lol.