[NEW] Website Reputation System

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Acina, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

So by now some of you may have noticed that we implemented a new reputation system on the forums last night, some of you will have played around with it to see what it can do, but most of you will probably not have noticed (or still be wondering why you have Italian flag coloured numbers by your login name.

So you have logged in and you can see this (well hopefully you see your version and not mine):

[IMG]

The green numbers are the likes you have received, the white are any neutral rep you have received and red ones are bad (tut tut)!

So on to the interesting bit (hopefully), you will notice that every post on the forum now has an extra set of icons on the bottom right corner:

[IMG]

These are there for you to upvote or downvote a post depending on whether you deem it is useful or not, similar to upvoting or downvoting on Reddit (posts do not float up if they have more votes, but downvoted posts will be hidden).

Upvotes, downvotes etc will ping you an alert when you log in to the forum, so you can see if people like (or dislike) what you have posted. You will also be able to see how many likes/dislikes (and the type) that you have (or those of others) when you look at the posts:

[IMG]

As you can see someone thought that Nerien's post above was informative (someone else thought it was optimistic, although it could just be Hsulf's love of rainbows).
  2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

It's oh so tempting to start trolling with rainbows!
  3. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

BRB fetching my Bifrost
  4. Offline

Jinx Community Member

Can ppl stop sending me private messages because I've disliked/disagreed with their post(s),would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

love these new here reputation system

a whole new level of trolling just opened up, ty acina!
  6. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

lol love this, great idea!
  7. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

We need to add punctuation/ capitalization to the options.
  8. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

ppl are using this on applications, not good, puttign negative reps on applications is not a good start if they are acepted.
  9. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I'll ask Tal to fiddle although I can't see a single application that has been!
  10. Offline

Jinx Community Member

The general idea of having tumb down is bad. There's a reason why only positive feedback is available,visible in any kind of forums,web pages etc. This will feed the trolls and annoy lots of players having scencere intentions... Giving negative value to a post will always result in a question "Why?",leaving bad thoughts about someone.
  11. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Im with Jinx, not only this new system is complete troll playground, to me it doesnt make any sense a profile being "ranked" with X negative points just because ppl disagree with what was posted.

In my opinion, that can also be a way to harass guild members and i've seen some examples of that being applyed already, which brings me to this:
    Some ppl take this lightly, some don't so keep that in mind.
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

people need to relax

If a forum rating is that important to you PM me and I will up vote you every time you post something :)

I think its a fun new system and the bad spelling, old and stupid votes are fun to use. You shouldn't really take any offence unless you really do have a huge ego and happen to be a drama queen. I got 4 old votes and a bad spelling for my comment above, not many fucks were given :p I actually thought it was funny.

I can understand what you are saying though since there are sooooooooooo many new faces here because of gw2 and people need to find their place and get to know each other it can come off as offensive if I for example vote your post stupid, since you do not know me. So you do have a point

Now that i have contradicted myself i would like to say I am bored at work
  13. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Nah m8, like you i take all of this with a pinch of salt and a laugh in my mind, its a fun system.
    But at the same time there are alot of ppl who dont think of it like us, who take this seriously.
  14. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

This is the issue, 80% of this guild will use it to troll for fun and at eachother, everyone needs to take it for what it is and expect people to jump on any area of oppertunity.
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

do you fear the bad spelling one yet chops? :rofl:
  16. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

We should just have the option to tag troll post aswell

Who wouldnt want a troll icon?
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Would be an IRL pic of Doodle tbh <3
  18. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

This may be my last post ever on this forum. from now on I shall explain my opinions on subjects purely by using the rating system of posts throughout a thread.
  19. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

I'm probably going to spend a good few hours at work browsing these forums, rating everything. :)
    Is it possible to pull statistics of everyone's ratings?...like "most Optimistic/Creative/etc."
    Obviously no contest for bad spelling champion; we all know who's winning that...
  20. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

that would scare new people away :eek:.